Hi, Im New :-), so please be gentle

Options

Replies

• 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Love your handle...............ochubbycheeks...............:laugh: :love: :drinker:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not give up when you hit a plateau. Those are normal and will pass in time as your body adjusts to your new calorie intake and exercise. Remember that muscles absorbs water to heal after a work out. Just don't give up on the healthy lifestyle. The journey is well worth the effort. Please feel free to add me. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • natalieblakeley
    natalieblakeley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    You've had loads of advice which is brilliant! I'd suggest setting mini goals rather than one big overall goal.
    Good luck!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be. For me it is not to think about how far I have to go, but only on my next goal. Otherwise I get overwhelmed and wonder why bother. Add me as friend, I enjoy meeting new people. Best of luck to you.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not give up when you hit a plateau. Those are normal and will pass in time as your body adjusts to your new calorie intake and exercise. Remember that muscles absorbs water to heal after a work out. Just don't give up on the healthy lifestyle. The journey is well worth the effort. Please feel free to add me. My name is Kimberlee, 49.

Fab advice
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Persistence. Just never give up even if it feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    Don't see it as a diet. Diets are always temporary. Do it for yourself as a life style change.
    Don't look for quick fixes. I lost over 10 pounds a month back in my twenties. Lost 75 pounds in 7 months. Then proceeded to gain 155 pounds, doubling my weight, over the next 3 decades.
    MFP is a very useful tool. It definitely help break my 6 month long stall when I found it last summer.
    Like all tools, it only works if you use it.
    Lots of advice here. Often contradictory. Take what works for you, leave what doesn't. There is not single formula that works for everyone. Only the government believes crap like that. :bigsmile:
  • kfritz7162
    kfritz7162 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi-

I couldn't agree with Michele's post more! I work the exact same way.

"welcome....logging my food made all the difference for me...good, bad, ugly - it gets logged....and there is no such thing as 'bad" food!! if I really really want something, I have it - either get some extra exercise in or have a much smaller portion than i used to, and I stay on track w/weight loss and live my life. It gets easier and easier the more it becomes a habit/way of life. "

I tracked EVERYTHING and still do track everything. My portion size has always been my problem. However, if I want ice cream, I eat it...I just eat 1 scoop. And, I don't eat it daily, or even weekly.

The other thing I completely gave up was Mountain Dew and McDonald's iced coffee. Those were my drinks of choice EVERY day. I switched to water and now, 8 weeks later, love it...

Stay focused and you will succeed. Good luck!
  • angela10131968
    angela10131968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I just started this as well. Just keep the faith, eat less and try to exercise more. I just started the gym and love it!!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Post daily. Really. You have no idea just how many people join, ask me and a bunch of others to be friends, then I have to delete because they haven't signed on for 15 days. :indifferent:

It also helps to post things other than your weight loss and exercises.

Best wishes! :bigsmile:
  • pinksands143
    Options
    Im pretty new to and Im loving this place. Lots of great people in here to help. So just saying good luck and welcome :)
  • reidjohanna
    Options
    Hi There, Welcome, and congratulations on joining :) I have been on the site a while but I have never joined in on the social networking side of things for support, so I guess im new in that respect too... What triggered you to join? Im getting married next year so thats my imediate goal, but I also want to be healthy for my 2 small children :)
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi and hello!

Welcome aboard. I'm relatively new here myself but I love it so far. Logging everything helps a lot.
    Don't get discouraged when You've been working your patootie off and the scale ain't budging (speaking from experience here just a bit :tongue: ) stick with it!!!

Lotsa support here and great info. Good to have you!
  • chelseasmom03
    Options
    I'm rather new to this myself. I've been doing this for about a month and this app & site have helped me greatly. I agree with what most others have said. Log everything, drink your water, don't get discouraged and don't deprive yourself. When I first started, I would freak if I went over my calories. I've learned to let that go because 1 day out of 7 isn't all that bad. I am also a bit of a chocoholic. But, instead of having a whole candy bar, I'll have 1 of the minis. Just enough so as not to binge. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Nirvana16
    Nirvana16 Posts: 88
    Options
    Im COMPLETELY new... could use support... can be supportive... could use all the friends i can get...
  • mein2007
    mein2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome you made the first step! Best advice is log everything, don't forget to log things you drink. When I first started I realized I was drinking away a good portion of my calories with the way I drank my coffee.
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! MFP is a great start & a great place to be. You'll find lots of motivation, encouragement & advice! You've taken the first crucial step to a healthier more fit you! Congratulations! Good luck on your progress! Feel free to add me for support!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. It took your lifetime to get where you are it will take some time to get where you want to be. This is an excellent tool to help keep us on track, but it's only as good as what you put into it. I recommend that input your measurements every month or two. This will help to keep you motivated even when the scale says otherwise. Best of luck!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Lots of advice here. Often contradictory. Take what works for you, leave what doesn't. There is not single formula that works for everyone. Only the government believes crap like that. :bigsmile:

This^^^^ guy couldn't be MORE right on!! :bigsmile:
  • hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to share mutual support. Feel free to add me.