Help and tips with a Cross trainer?!

Options
Hi guys i have just invested in a reebok cross trainer.

i want to lose around a stone in 3 months and work on making my legs toned.

How many calories should i be aiming to burn roughly a day? i'm thinking of keeping to a 1200 calorie limit. Are there any routines i can do on the cross trainer to help fitness, i did have a leaflet with it but its already been misplaced!

Any tips , advice would be fantastic as i am not amazing with exercise its a new venture :)
thanks

xxxxxxxx
holly

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    It's a cardio machine so there's not too much you can do with it except HIIT cardio.

But 14lbs? Seems like a lot you're trying to lose base on your photos. If I can give you any advice, weight isn't the best way to gauge how you want to look.

You can get manuals and instructions on your Crosstrainer for free online.

Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • DinkyDani88
    DinkyDani88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Holly

I have a cross trainer too and when I was only working out on that I wasn't really losing a lot of weight or toning. I have found the Kettleworx workouts really good for toning and they compliment the cardio workout you get on the cross trainer. On average in a 30 minute workout I burn 351cals on the cross trainer and that is going off my heart rate monitor NOT what the computer says, this is important!

I would suggest adding a weight training programme into your workout, not necessarily Kettleworx...although it is good...and you will definitely see results in your body shape.

I've lost 5.8lbs since I added a weight training exercise to my workout programme and I eat a minimum of 1400 cals + I eat back most of my exercise calories.

xxx
  • hollay123
    Options
    Thank you both so much for the information :) I think i will include weight training , i do have a set of weights here so will defo be giving that a try.