30 Day Shred...only workout

Options
groovyreba
groovyreba Posts: 72 Member
This topic may be on here, but I haven't been able to find it. Are there people who only did 30 DS and lost pounds and inches? I do not have time to workout for an hour nor do I currently have the strength or endurance. I was walking/running but felt like I needed to "up my game" with a more full body workout, so I did. I love this and already feel better. This summer when school is out, I'll have more time to add to my workout. I just wondered what kind of success people have had who have only done this workout. I am following my calorie count almost perfectly - not eating back what I workout, at least not most of the time, and want to see results. So, who????

Replies

• puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I dont have pictures but first time i did it at the start of this crazy journey a year ago i lost 8lbs and a total of 10" all over doing 30 days straight.

Ive just finished level 2 today as im doing another round!
  • beebop85
    beebop85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am just starting this today, good luck! I also go to the gym about 3 times a week so will be doing this in addition, I know this doesnt answer your question sorry lol x
  • scarlett7788
    scarlett7788 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did this for about 3 weeks last year without doing any other exercise and noticed some definite inch loss on stomach and thighs particularly! Good luck!
  • bridgit_d
    bridgit_d Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30ds ONLY. I have 7 days left! in that time i've lost 4lbs and a few inches. I don't have much time for anything else. but for me, it was just enough. next time...i WON'T do it 30 days straight. I need a break.
    Good luck
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I've been at the 30DS for 23 days and I have to say, I have not lost a single pound. In fact, I've gained three......

However - feel free to add me and I have a comparison pic of me the day i started to about 15 or so days in. There was def a difference.
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    only my second time posting pics so i hope it works!
    i am doing each level for 10 days, im using 5 ib weights. i have lost 7.5 pounds. i regret not taking measurements. i try to eat decent but im between 1300 and 1600 calories. its the only workout im currently doing.
    i have 8 days left..

this was on day 6
    dfa4e785-f1bc-4d99-a73e-3a18c915bbb5_zpsb9347bc1.jpg

this is day 15
    84ad5ad6-6a74-4659-86a8-cb2a85116aeb_zps8f491b75.jpg
  • knottyrye
    knottyrye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred February 18-March 19 and I lost 4 lbs and 17 inches all over! I then did a couple weeks of 6 week 6 pack (I have a rib injury and it wasn't helping), took a few days off and then started Ripped in 30. I am on week 2. I am loving this progress! Stick with it, it's hard and you won't lose a lot of weight but you will lose a ton of inches and gain a lot of muscle! I do have pics but am a bit shy...
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When I did 30DS I definitely had results just from the strength training alone. But mostly inches and a couple pounds, which was great! Once I added another 30 minutes of cardio WITH 30DS, the extra weight started shedding a lot faster.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    was wondering the same thing. 30ds kicks my butt , but the scale is going no where and i'm getting frustrated. thnx for posting guys
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS in the beginning of February. I'm not sure if I am what you are looking for, because I mix jogging in with various jillian michaels dvds I get off of youtube. BUT I usually only do one or the other and thus spend about 30 minutes a day exercising. I just recently bumped it up to 45 minute jogs, but that is only once or twice per week. I eat about 1400 calories a day.

I started at about 140 lbs and am now at 130lbs. About 5 of those pounds were lost after a stomach bug, but I am convinced that I probably would have gained that weight back if I weren't doing jillian michaels, jogging, and eating just 1400 calories. I've lost two and a half inches off my waist and gone from my size 6 jeans being too little to my size 4 being too big. Best of all, I've toned up. I was "fat skinny" before all of this and now everything is less jiggly.

As far as not having but 30 minutes to workout, don't think you have to just do 30DS. Jillian Michaels has some other great 30 minute workouts available on youtube for free! You could also continue to jog or walk a couple of days... just mix it up and keep yourself from getting bored. As long as you do 30 minutes of SOMETHING, you will get a lot further than doing 30 minutes of tv watching. :) Best wishes!
  • Becks41319
    Becks41319 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred, into my 3rd day. I also run/walk at least a mile if not 2 or 3 (depending on time) a day. I'm also following the calories give but I eat back my calories. I would rather have the energy to run an extra mile than starve all the time.
  • pamaroo64
    pamaroo64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS for just over one month now. I have lost approx 8lbs and I went down a pants size (don't forget changes ot my face, chest, arms, legs and butt). I did originally take measurements but I lost them. Go figure! Don't be discouraged about gaining a few lbs. I did too, but then it reversed. It's all about gaining the muscle then getting rid of that pesky fat!

During the first month of 30DS I'd also been going to the gym maybe twice a week working strictly cardio. I've since upped it to 3-4 days minimum per week with more intense cardio and work 6 days of the shred with a break at least once a week. My body is def starting to change now (and people have noticed more in the last month with these last 10lbs than the first 25lbs i've lost)!

Trainers will tell you not to work the same muscle groups every day, so about half way thru the first 30 days I started doing level 1 on one day and then level 2 the next. Jillian is def right about the workouts being stand-alone and also very different from each other. After about 40 days i'm starting incorporate level 3 more into the routine.

Stick with it. It definately works! I believe it would work stand alone too but I'm trying to get the 'weight loss' portion over with and be able to work on maintaining soon so that is why i'm stepping up my game with gym time too :) Ask me any questions, I love that so many people have had such success with this :)
  • Becks41319
    Becks41319 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS for just over one month now. I have lost approx 8lbs and I went down a pants size (don't forget changes ot my face, chest, arms, legs and butt). I did originally take measurements but I lost them. Go figure! Don't be discouraged about gaining a few lbs. I did too, but then it reversed. It's all about gaining the muscle then getting rid of that pesky fat!

During the first month of 30DS I'd also been going to the gym maybe twice a week working strictly cardio. I've since upped it to 3-4 days minimum per week with more intense cardio and work 6 days of the shred with a break at least once a week. My body is def starting to change now (and people have noticed more in the last month with these last 10lbs than the first 25lbs i've lost)!

Trainers will tell you not to work the same muscle groups every day, so about half way thru the first 30 days I started doing level 1 on one day and then level 2 the next. Jillian is def right about the workouts being stand-alone and also very different from each other. After about 40 days i'm starting incorporate level 3 more into the routine.

Stick with it. It definately works! I believe it would work stand alone too but I'm trying to get the 'weight loss' portion over with and be able to work on maintaining soon so that is why i'm stepping up my game with gym time too :) Ask me any questions, I love that so many people have had such success with this :)

I am only just starting so naturally I am only on level one, how different are the other workouts? I just assumed they got harder.
  • ellie0893
    ellie0893 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred 8 days ago and my thighs have been killing me. I still feel sore ever since I started. Did anyone have the same experience? How long have you all felt sore during the shred? I'm beginning to wonder if I should take a break or not, don't want to injure myself!
  • Shokubeni
    Shokubeni Posts: 5
    Options
    I stumbled onto this forum after hearing about the 30 Day Shred and looked at the thread on success stories. Some unbelievable results! I have been inspired and have gotten my hands on the DVD. I'm going to start it this evening in fact. I'm off to a music festival 14th June so would be nice to shift a couple of pounds before then :P
  • ahult87
    ahult87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS in April without any other exercise. I didn't lose any pounds but I lost 8.5" total when it was all said and done. I did it 30 days straight and just tried to make better food decisions
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred 8 days ago and my thighs have been killing me. I still feel sore ever since I started. Did anyone have the same experience? How long have you all felt sore during the shred? I'm beginning to wonder if I should take a break or not, don't want to injure myself!

Have you done 8 straight days? Nothing wrong with taking a day off between to let your muscles recover. My thighs were so sore after 2 days I needed a hoist to get off a chair! LOL. Most trainers recommend rest days to let the muscles rebuild.
  • theflash777
    theflash777 Posts: 17
    Options

Have you done 8 straight days? Nothing wrong with taking a day off between to let your muscles recover. My thighs were so sore after 2 days I needed a hoist to get off a chair! LOL. Most trainers recommend rest days to let the muscles rebuild.

I did 3 days in a row and was very sore... I took one day off and I was good to go even after another 3 days in a row.

I'd say take it if you need it and if you feel like you don't need it then maybe take off one day a week
  • Inesesfitnesspal
    Inesesfitnesspal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How much calories You think You burn with 30DS? +/-?
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've got 8 days left on 30ds - I do it 6 days a week with one day rest. But then, I've also been doing Callanetics 3x a week and occasional other DVD's (like Killer Buns and Thighs) 3x a week.

I've been eating as clean as I can, at my TDEE -20% (for me, around 1700 cals a day) alongside two 500 cal fast days a week.

So far I've lost about 6 lbs and 2" off my waist, belly and 1" from my hips and arms. I don't know if I can attribute that to 30ds alone though - Callanetics does a lot for losing inches. Also, I do tend to stick to the easier options on the DVD (good old Anita!) so perhaps I'm not making massive gains if I was following Natalie.

I do, however, see a viable difference in my arms (there be muscle!!) and some muscle difference under my remaining flab!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!