I need friends!

Options
Alright, I'm back here at MFP and would love some friends to journey along with. I came back at my highest non-pregnant weight ever (only 2lbs shy of my highest pregnant weight actually). I've lost 14 so far, so right now I'm at 261. My initial goal is to be at 240 by Aug 1 which I think is beyond doable, but I have something planned for DH's 30th birthday then with a weight limit of 240. Then I'd like to get into the 180s. I'm not sure if I'll go beyond that as that was my HS weight and really I think I felt pretty good (thought at the time I thought I was ginormous), but I will reevaluate then.

Let's see, I've been marred 7.5 years, together 9.5 years. DH got out of the Navy in 2007 and we now live in So Cal. We have two wonderful kids, DS is 3 and DD is 1. I am mostly a vegetarian. Have been for 13 years but over the past year and a half (since mid last pregnancy) I've been trying various meats again. Mostly I just don't like them, but if something does have meat in it and it looks good I'll try it. I'm also a hairstylist and an artist (photography and mixed media). I guess that's about it. I'd love some friends with similar goals and interests, and ones who've done this journey already or are further along than I am.

Replies

• Fitgrl430
    Fitgrl430 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, You can add me. I'm supportive. I have only been on this site for 2 months but I'll help in any way I can :flowerforyou:
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN ADD ME!!! I WILL BE HERE FOR YOU!!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    add away and good luck!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me... I've been at this since July 1st and have been pretty successful. I don't have all the answers but I will answer questions that I can and my diary is open to friends to help them with ideas of what works.
  • trisha50
    trisha50 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there, you're not in this alone...... I to am trying to go vegan with the eating it is a struggle, but it forces me to plan my meals and make smart choices when eating out............ Support is measured in numbers, count me in.
  • michelledube83
    Options
    lets be friends
  • Summer631
    Options
    Hey there, You can add me I am kinda new to this but I'm here. ... Trying too.
  • SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for supportive, motivational people! Anyone can add me if they wish :)
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi! anyone can add me also. I went from 250 pounds to my current 175 pounds
  • dluce2569
    dluce2569 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi...you can add me. I'm not a vegetarian....but through my 3 year journey of bodybuidling, I've learnt alot about diet and exercise! I will support you however I can!
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • Summer631
    Options
    Hi there, you're not in this alone...... I to am trying to go vegan with the eating it is a struggle, but it forces me to plan my meals and make smart choices when eating out............ Support is measured in numbers, count me in.

I would like to go vegan too sometimes I find it hard to find certain things I like. I love cheese! So do you shop differently? Tofu? What was the biggest hardest change for you?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to the HS weight being your goal weight. I have the same idea. I didn't weigh quite that much but pretty close I think 170 by the time I graduated and I felt pretty fit. But, I thought I was just huge. I didn't get teased about my weight very much though. Might be for the rep of my family though ha ha. Anyway, I want to get down lower than that but I would have to lose muscle lots of it.

Oh yeah, I was a semi vegetarian for a long long time as well. There would be days and days I didn't eat meat. But, I ended up protein deficient I think being semi vegetarian gave me the illusion that if I ate meat once in a while I would get enough protein. Ironically I get more protein in a vegan diet than a semi vegetarian one.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • sesko1961
    sesko1961 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect as well ... Also, mostly vegetarian (since February 2012), just recently started eating chicken on occasion - my oldest son keeps forgetting I went vegetarian when he invites me for a meal. My highest weight was 235 ... by eating healthier; cutting out all processed sugars, especially high-fructose corn syrup; and watching my portions & calorie intake I have trickled my way down to 189. My goal is 117-125. My biggest challenge is consistent exercise. I recently invested in Kinects (my younger son bought a dance program, but I like the My Shape program best).
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    We all need friends on this journey to better health! Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • Emixxx27
    Emixxx27 Posts: 7
    Options
    hi I am in the same situation I only joined today have been struggling to lose weight alone and really need some friends to help
  • sexyk0805
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kimberly (Kim). need lots of support! I don't have much will power, if I want it I just go get it, good or bad. I am walking an hour every morning now, because I have a friend that walks with me. If she stops, I probably wouldnt. I am honestly trying to get to that sick and tired stage where I do it and go through it and allow nothing to stop me, it's a struggle. I am tring to lose 85lbs. I believe I can do it.