Runners United To Remember - for Boston

Options
AmyRhubarb
AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
There's a virtual running event organized by the website RunJunkEes. There's an event page for it on Facebook, and all are welcome, all over the world. It is intended to both honor the victims as well as display an act of unity and solidarity in the running community.

Facebook event where you can join and invite friends: http://www.facebook.com/events/318199378309189/

Website where you can print out a race bib if you like: http://www.runjunkees.com/

Any distance, wear any race tee if you have one, wear the bib if you want to print it out - then post your run on the Facebook event page & add a photo too!

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I joined last night!
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Amy. Me, hubby, and 2 boys will run this week.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, thank you!
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Going to run right after work! Bib printed, thanks for posting this!
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    Ran 8 miles this morning. Best pace yet.

Very hard to run and fight back tears at the same time.

EVERYONE should get out and do SOMETHING today. Walk/Run/Bike/Crawl...doesn't matter what...just get outside/in the gym in support of Boston.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This is great... Thank you for sharing. Joining the event on FB. I will run this weekend as best I can with an injured ankle. I have no excuse. Some of my fellow runners and their family members lost limbs and lives.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I joined and will be doing my run tomorrow AM
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Doing my C25K week 8 run after work. Hope to hit 5K in that 28-min run.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In. Two Miles from me today with a bib. Was sobering and prayerful and joyful, all at once somehow. (Profile pic).

Thanks for the info. I reposted a new thread before I realized you'd already done one...Oh well, maybe it keep rolling through the day that way. Thanks!
  • fstfrd00
    fstfrd00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I will be walking today when I get home from work.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm In!
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    <
    Pics from before and during my run for Boston. Got in 3.5 miles and it was the best run I've had in awhile. Wore my Memorial Run tee from a local race I ran last year - red, white & blue and titled Memorial Run seemed appropriate.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Already signed up! !!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bib printed..I'll proudly wear it tonight for my 4 mile run and for my upcoming 1/2 marathon.
  • cheekyhalf
    cheekyhalf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Such a great idea - I'm starting running again to remember - C25k starts now
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Will be doing 2.5 miles tonight when my fiancee gets home. We both will.
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There is also another Facebook page for a run tomorrow:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/318199378309189/#!/pages/Run-For-Boston-417/613135315380603

I am doing this one and the one the OP is talking about. I also ran for Boston yesterday, longest and hardest run to date. I run for those who are no longer able to run.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting the info!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    There is also another Facebook page for a run tomorrow:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/318199378309189/#!/pages/Run-For-Boston-417/613135315380603

I am doing this one and the one the OP is talking about. I also ran for Boston yesterday, longest and hardest run to date. I run for those who are no longer able to run.
    Thanks - hadn't seen that one. I am unable to run on Wednesday, but will share the link!