Help Quick!! Chinese Food

Options
Going to a Chinese restaurant with co-workers!!
What can I order????

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    They usually have some lighter options - steamed veggies/chicken with sauce on the side + brown rice.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Anything you want. If you want to be "good" opt for something that isn't breaded like beef and broccoli or chicken and mushrooms. Perhaps ask them to be light on the sauce. Get steamed rice. Maybe some clear broth soup as well. Eyeball about a cup of the meat and veggies and about a half a cup of the rice. Ask for containers for everything else or split with a friend.
  • pegasus925
    pegasus925 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yes, I don't wanna go over 500 caloriies. No rice and I;m worrie about the sodium. Good idea about the sauce
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    As others suggested, steamed vegetables and non-breaded meats are the best way to go.
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They usually have a seafood n veggies option (comes steamed)....it's usually pretty good and you can get the sauce on the side.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The usually have what they call "diet steamers" on the menu. No fat, no oil and they give you the brown sauce on the side. It actually isnt bad and I order it most of the time when we get takeout. The Mu shu is also a better option.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i tend to get kung pao (or garlic) shrimp or chicken. very light sauce extra veggies.
  • dwmaestradeb
    Options
    Tea, rice, vegetables, soup, steamed dumplings? Chinese food is not usually my first choice, there is little on the menu that is healthy, they rarely serve anything vegetarian, they do not disclose ingredients, and most restaurants balk at making any substitutions. Even a steamed shrimp and veggies sort of thing is going to be smothered with mystery sauce...
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Most Chinese restaurants have a "diet menu" that offers steamed veggies/protein with sauce on the side.

If not, veggie and tofu dishes, i.e. Buddhas Delight or Chinese Vegetables with tofu are good options.