INPUT ON NO SUGAR DIETS (EXAMPLE: SUGAR BUSTERS)

Options
ddye26
ddye26 Posts: 10 Member
So many people I know are going cold turkey on sugar and doing a NO SUGAR DIET. From the little I've read, the NO SUGAR DIET plans typically yield fast weightloss results, but is it the best method for sustainable weightloss?

I'm currently doing strength and cardio 4 x week and cardio only 2 x week. I also monitor my caloric intake and attempt to get a 40 carb/40 protein/20 fat split within my calorie limit. I'm debating about switching. Weigh-in with your thoughts please.

Replies

• aaharrington
    Options
    I'm reducing my sugar intake to 20 grams or less, starting today. I've read a lot about it and I am ADDICTED to it, so I figured sugar reduction would be a good idea for me. Keep in mind that it's a reduction of "added" sugars, not in foods that come from nature.

I wouldn't use it as a short-term weight loss goal, though. For me it MUST be a lifestyle change.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Completely unnecessary. In general I think people should cut down on added sugar and processed food items that contain added sugar and high fructose corn syrup...but going no sugar is a bit extreme, particularly considering that fruit in particular has a lot of sugar. Despite the sugar content, fruit is very good for you...fruit is generally a good source of soluble fiber which is generally lacking in vegetables...soluble fiber is great for your heart and controlling cholesterol. That's just one benefit...there are so many more.
  • dalesd
    dalesd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've been eating very low carb (<40g), moderate protein, high fat, for several months with great success. See what it's all about at www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • ddye26
    ddye26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information and input! It seems fast off, then fast back on. I know this, but sometimes get sidetracked. I'm going to stay the course. Slow and steady wins the race.