Newbie here

Options
Hi everyone!! I'm a 45 yr. old middle school teacher, wife & mom to five great kids - and I am exhausted and flabby!! Looking to lose 30 lbs. I just joined 2 days ago and I am really loving the supportive atmosphere!

Replies

• LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    5 kids. Wow. I've only got 4. (Now I feel like such a slacker!):ohwell:

Totally get the exhausted part though.
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and also teach middle school. I love it!
  • apexmomof5
    apexmomof5 Posts: 16
    Options
    Me too - the kids are great, and I just love that age!! Love this site - Keep me posted on your progress!

Esther
  • apexmomof5
    Options
    Anything more than 2 kids is just more of the same!!! It's just a longer period of time until you can sleep again!
  • vjcervo
    vjcervo Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I joined awhile ago, at the suggestion of a friend, but have only looked around a bit. I am a 38 year old woman that can't stay on a diet for the life of me. I quit smoking two years ago and have packed on the pounds. I am not the biggest I've been, but I am feeling it more now than I have in the past. I am short so the weight really shows on me. I am unhappy and want to do something about it. I can't seem to stick with a diet, I hate the food restrictions. I recently joined a boot camp class and love it, so I figure it's a start. I'm going to give this site a try. Wish me luck!!
  • apexmomof5
    Options
    Good for you quitting smoking - you already have proof positive that you can do whatever you set your mind to!

I think the most useful thing on this site is the food journal - it's fast & easy, and planning ahead helps me stay on track. Most important rule is: If you have a bad day, all is not lost; just start fresh the next day.

You can do it!!:smile: