Female runners and safety

Options
Hi everyone! I'm planning on running in a woodsy area near my house. It's pretty excluded from much of the downtown chaos so it's likely to be just me on the trails. Do any of you women carry weapons or anything while running? I live in a nice town, but I want to be prepared for anything.

Thanks !

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Run with a large dog, pepper spray, and a gun.
  • TxRottie81
    TxRottie81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i run with pepper spray and a cell phone... my dog has hip issues ... if you have a chl it would be great to pack some heat.....
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Run with a large dog, pepper spray, and a gun.

Keep a nuclear weapon in your pocket. :laugh:

You could just run with someone like me. I run on a back country dirt road in the dark and no one ever bothers me. Most low-lifes don't like being up and on the prowl at 5:30 in the morning though. Perhaps it's just timing.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Pepper spray & Pocket knife
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I recommend a huge knife, gun, protective vest, and pepper spray. You never know what kind of creepers you're going to get.

I hope you stay safe

If you have any problems tell me I will help beat them up

:flowerforyou: I am with you on this running journey
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    No less than 6 guns strapped to your body...
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i run at 4am thru the bush, i carry nothing,,,just my fists if someone dare try.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Brass knuckles and wasp spray.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My husband wants me to run with a gun...my dad wants me to run with pepper spray and a pocket knife...I just like to run with my Iphone...but pepper spray would be much more effective I would think. You wouldnt have to get near the offender as long as you sprayed it down wind of yourself! If anyone runs with a gun..where do you keep it? On your leg? I can't imagine running with mine.
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Brass knuckles and wasp spray.

Brass Knucles are illegal in my state. Not sure about elsewhere. However, the Wasp Spray is pretty good. Sprays super far too : )
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you have long hair, wrap it up into a hat. no pony tails. an assaulter could control you simply by grabbing and holding you by your pony tail.
    best wishes to be safe.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    They sell compression shorts with a built in holster for your handgun. I also bring my dog
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    U1AcZTe.jpg

if you don't have a gun on you at all times you're probably gonna die.

i know this is a fact because i learned it in the forumz
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe I watch too much CSI and Criminal Minds, etc. but I think people are being far too cavalier about running and safety.

Find someone to go with you, take some pepper spray, bring a dog, tell someone exactly when you're getting there and when you're leaving and/or go during the day so you can see anyone approaching.
  • Venomous_Duck
    Options
    Bad things only happen to people in the movies.....
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    CCW
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    U1AcZTe.jpg

if you don't have a gun on you at all times you're probably gonna die.

i know this is a fact because i learned it in the forumz

:sad:
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Invest in a treadmill...It's not worth your safety to run in a wooded area yourself! I live in a very good neighborhood and there is a trail I used to run by myself and some girl was raped on there! Not worth it to go by yourself hun!
  • cbeckl
    cbeckl Posts: 79
    Options
    I run with 2 german shepherds and mace. I always carry my cell phone as well. Have thought about carrying my pistol but haven't had any issues that I felt it is necessary.