which sport?

Options
With which sport did you have your best result (weightlost) I do all kind of different sports: nordic walking (can t run yet, so do fast walking instead) gym (weightlifting), swimming and spinning bike. I guess its best to mix it. but which is the best for losing weight? Thanks :)

Replies

• TigerPawsSC
    TigerPawsSC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    With which sport did you have your best result (weightlost) I do all kind of different sports: nordic walking (can t run yet, so do fast walking instead) gym (weightlifting), swimming and spinning bike. I guess its best to mix it. but which is the best for losing weight? Thanks :)

Tennis. Basketball (full court). Golf (walking, carrying clubs).
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The best is whatever you will do consistently!

It helps to have a variety of movements and a mix of strength and cardio.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    squash
  • joshuadavisped
    Options
    Boxing and Swimming were definitely top two for me
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    Whats the difference of running/walking and weightlifting? it seems whatever I do, there result isn t what I want it to be. I eat what I should eat, never over my calories, I do sports but seem to gain weight :(
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I play tennis of course and it ticks a lot of boxes for me. It alternates bursts of running and sprinting with bits of walking and resting - between points and changing ends. It is interval training without the stopwatch, fun and social, you only need one other person and men can play with women.

I imagine a lot of team sports incorporate these positives. My friend plays masters hockey in a mixed team, for instance. Field hockey, I should say, since we are international here.
  • capperboy
    capperboy Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The sports that give you the most enjoyment.
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    Very true. As soon as you do something you hate, it wont work. Thanks for all your replies