QUICK EFFECTIVE WORK OUTS

Options
Hey...

has anyone got any good quick effective work out tips/ideas.
i have a few LONG days at work and wont have time to zumba and dance for the hour i like to.. any comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance people :-) xX

Replies

• Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, there is a cool app thats called "Sworkit" You can put what part of the body you want to work out and for how long... its pretty useful. And also free... You should check it out.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Check out all the Fitness Blender workouts on YouTube. They have workouts for every body area, all different kinds of workouts, and different lengths so you can fit in a workout or mini-workout. I like their Kettlebell for Beginners (it's not that easy!) that is 33 minutes. It hits every part of the body. I also do their "standing abs" and a few others. Once you know the routine you can mute the instructions and play music you like because they are very easy to follow just by the picture and title screens.
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Chris Freytag HIIT workouts. 30 minutes...and you SWEAT!
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone i will be checking out ALL of these!

Good luck on all your journeys!! xx
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Tabata Protocol- but you kinda have to be in decent shape to attempt it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I never do more than 30-45 minutes of cardio...that is all that is necessary for heart health and general fitness. My strength routine takes me about the same. I consider them all to be pretty quick.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

While it is true that you have to be decent shape to attempt Tabata, you can do intervals at a lower intensity without having to be in decent shape to begin with. I think they work as well when you are just starting out.
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights 3 times a week for 45 min at a time. It's a time effective way to boost your metabolism and transform your body shape.
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone, there is a cool app thats called "Sworkit" You can put what part of the body you want to work out and for how long... its pretty useful. And also free... You should check it out.
    [/quote

I love Sworkit!!! Also, try bodyrock/daily hiit...
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Complexes. Basically do a series of exercises with one barbell or dumbbells may work in consecutive fashion for a set amount of reps. Rest 60-90 sec and repeat for X amount of times. Remember to use a weight you can handle on all exercises and don't put the barbell or dumbbells down to rest. Here is an example:
    Straight bar deadlifts
    barbell rows
    high pulls
    squats
    shoulder press
    good mornings.
    Do 12-15 reps of each exercise and rest 60-90 sec between each cycle.
  • beebop85
    beebop85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Not the most motivational quote ive heard from a personal trainer ... Surely there is a beginners version on youtube or something?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Not the most motivational quote ive heard from a personal trainer ... Surely there is a beginners version on youtube or something?
    It wouldn't be Tabata, but HIIT training at that point. Tabata protocol REQUIRES that on each and EVERY cycle you do, you give 100% effort physically. An untrained person attempting this may cause great injury to themselves.
    I addressed the topic with a program that is quick and effective, but am also informing that it's not a beginner program. You don't start running till you learn to walk.

IDEA Fitness member