Cardio without using hands?

Options
I recently broke my hand and am looking for different types of cardio I can do.
I currently am just jump roping for cardio, but after almost two weeks its getting kind of boring and I want to switch it up. I dislike running, so I'd like to stay away from that too. :)

So what are some types of cardio I can do outside or in my home that don't require me to put my body weight or any weight on my hands?

Thank you. :)

Replies

• fitnessfreddie
    fitnessfreddie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks, pretend a jump rope is in your hand, or stationary biking are a few.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    What do you have available? You can do various DVD's (Zumba or other dance)
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it, I don't have much. But I have heard great things about Zumba. :) I will have to go buy a DVD and try it out.

And I don't want to pretend I am holding a jump rope, I already jump rope more than I want to. :) Haha.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Search youtube and check out things before you buy. There are tons of dance type workouts out there or circuit training type that you can adapt for your injury
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with good old walking.
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot. :) I just want something to get my heart going and something I enjoy. That's the only reason I don't take up running, I hate it and get angry when I do. :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot. :) I just want something to get my heart going and something I enjoy. That's the only reason I don't take up running, I hate it and get angry when I do. :)

LOL I agree with this !
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Why do you hate running? It's most convenient with a broken hand
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    if you put a backpack on with books or other heavy objects you could do weighted squats, lunges, and more.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I guess you could twerk for 45 minutes instead.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I guess you could twerk for 45 minutes instead.

This guy.

Agree.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    *****JAZZZ HANDS****
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I would say dancing videos. Would never have to use you hand except move to dance your heart out. You can look them up online and find several in stores like walmart and target etc. Zumba or Hip Hop Abs Are some of the more well known.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I recently broke my hand and am looking for different types of cardio I can do.
    I currently am just jump roping for cardio, but after almost two weeks its getting kind of boring and I want to switch it up. I dislike running, so I'd like to stay away from that too. :)

So what are some types of cardio I can do outside or in my home that don't require me to put my body weight or any weight on my hands?

Thank you. :)
    Do these on a bench and a step: step ups, power jump ups, toe taps, step hops just to name a few.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition