Super-tired after week 1 - normal?

Options
Hi guys,

I've just committed to using MFP and it's been great feeling more in control of my attempt to lose weight. It's day 6 of watching my calories and doing 30 min. of cardio each day plus just some strength things for my arms/core here and there. Problem is, I'm feeling more tired than usual today. When I increased my water, I didn't feel so dizzy anymore, but the tiredness hasn't gone away. Is this normal? Is my body just catching it's breath enough to say, "hey! what are ya doing that's so new?" Also, to other females, do you get more tired when it's that time of the month?

Sorry if there are any typos - I'm tired after all! :)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    1) Are you getting enough sleep at night?
    2) Are you eating back some if not all exercise calories?*
    3) What is your Calorie Goal?
    4) Is it possible you have your calorie goal set to low?

*If I don't eat at least some of my exercise calories back the next day I will be tired and if I continue for several days I start to get headaches.
  • Mizpenguin
    Options
    1) Are you getting enough sleep at night?
    2) Are you eating back some if not all exercise calories?*
    3) What is your Calorie Goal?
    4) Is it possible you have your calorie goal set to low?

*If I don't eat at least some of my exercise calories back the next day I will be tired and if I continue for several days I start to get headaches.

1) I'm a light sleeper, so my sleep could be improved some, but I actually feel like I've slept better the past few nights because I've been more tired from the exercising.
    2) I'm eating back my exercise calories on all of the days so far but one, so I don't think that's the problem.
    3) MFP said my calorie goal each day is 1460 to lose 1 lb per week so I've been pretty consistent with this.
    4) Not sure on that one - just doing what the website suggested.
  • cassy30
    cassy30 Posts: 18
    Options
    During that cycle, i can not work out the first few days! It use to stop me from working out for a whole week, but im serious about getting into shape, and just feeling great. So i pushed through and only skipped 3 days instead of 7+! I think ur body is adjusting to this change ur going through, and we all have those days! :happy:
  • Mizpenguin
    Options
    During that cycle, i can not work out the first few days! It use to stop me from working out for a whole week, but im serious about getting into shape, and just feeling great. So i pushed through and only skipped 3 days instead of 7+! I think ur body is adjusting to this change ur going through, and we all have those days! :happy:

Thanks! I figured it's pretty normal to have an exhausted day once and a while. Maybe I won't think much more about it unless I'm still super-exhausted each day by this weekend. :smile: