Giving up diet soda

Options
1235»

Replies

• grizzdj
    grizzdj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started my efforts to give up diet soda too. I have gone from drinking about 64oz of regular soda a day to drinking under 12oz of diet and now want to cut it out all together. I have read all of the really nasty things it can do to your body and I don't want to subject myself to it anymore.

Good luck with your efforts!
  • slendercurves
    slendercurves Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also, because people think diet and calorie-free drinks are healthy, they tend to drink way more of them. This means people are getting way more artificial sugars due to drinking "healthy" drinks than if they just drank the regular, sugar-filled drinks.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    because it's addictive to most people, no different then getting hooked on nicotine or mairjuana etc. they know it's bad for you but the body craves it once you get hooked

Marijuana is addictive...ffs :sick:

*snort*
  • jessicaperkins52
    jessicaperkins52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of quitting diet coke. I didn't like that my body was addicted to something (or the price of it) and when I first stopped drinking it, I had a headache (I assume from lack of caffine) for a couple of days. Not wanting to have that headache again is my motivation to stick to water.
  • cmart69
    cmart69 Posts: 15
    Options
    I got a Soda Stream and now drink tons of carbonated water. It can be done! I don't really miss it much any more.

I stopped drinking diet soda on 1/1/2013. I found that I missed the carbonation more than anything and also use our soda stream machine now. I'll mix in splash of lemon/lime juice or sometimes 100% cranberry juice for a bit of flavor.