Lost 13 lbs in 30 days!! Any girls 5'7" / 150lbs around??

Options
EstyPorter
EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
I have lost 13 lbs this first 30 days ive been on MFP. Its pretty good. Im 22 yrs old, 5'7" and in jan of this year (2013) I weighed 175lbs. I now weigh 152 and my goal is to be at least 140 or less. I have been doing a step aerobics class 4 days a week and eating under about 1200 calories a day. Is anyone in a similar situation or have any useful tips on workouts/healthy meals that will keep me going faster towards my weight loss goal... Thanks !! Feel free to add me, Id like to see your entries what you eat, or workout. : )

Replies

• GitaMe
    GitaMe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am almost there with you :-)
    5'7
    Starting Weight - 152
    Current Weight - 148
    Goal Weight # - 135
    Goal Weight #2 - 130

I am trying to get to 140 by early June :-)
    Right now I am doing 4 days a week of Elliptical and pretty soon I am going to start adding weight.

Good to meet you :-)
  • Rbacchiega
    Rbacchiega Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started out at 178. I guess I'm what is classified as a "large frame". I've come to terms with probably never being "tiny", but I figure a good starting goal is 150. I used to play fastpitch and soccer 7 days a week when I was younger, and even then I was always more muscular than skinny, and bounced between 145 and 155. I'm moving to Australia in June and want to look good for my guy when I step off the plane (well, as good as one can look after 20 hours of flying)

This is my first week on MFP and I'm doing 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and 30 Day Shred at night (just finished my 4th day of level one). I'm following the 1200 calorie goal but eating back some of my earned calories. Each day is getting a bit easier!
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 5'6" and started at 153 lbs, currently at 146(ish), and have been eating around 1200 calories per day with eating back most exercise calories. Sounds like we have pretty similar situations, so I'd love to see what your diet/workouts look like as well! :)
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, medium frame, 162 lbs, but I started here a year ago at 223 lbs!!! I've kind of hit a major plateau since January and haven't lost anything. If you want support or any advice, feel free to add me.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7, and started at 172lbs, and now I'm 164.5lbs but only been doing this a week!

My goal is also 140lbs, but at 150ish I'm going to start lifting so probably won't be too strict on my 140lb goal!
  • rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!

I am 5 foot 3 and i started at 196lbs, today was weigh in day for me and it registered at 173.8lb i have been kind of stuck on the 170's...

I used to eat 1360 calories a day, i increased my calories to 1500 and so far, its been great to eat more, i exercise 3-5 hours a day i used to do Turbo fire in the afternoon and weight lifting at the gym later that night, plus i ran from 1-3 miles a day, i got really exhausted and i slowed down on my exercising. Im thinking about doing 10-13 hours of exercise again. IDK, what do you guys think?
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I was 5'7" and 150 about three months ago.
    My picture is 148 pounds.

I eat 1800 to 2000 calories a day and exercise ( run) once or twice a week.

I'm down to 144 now and seem to keep losing.
  • ahult87
    ahult87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 140 and my goal is 125. I just started using MFP April 1 and am in the middle of the 30 day shred...feel free to add me!
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Lucky!!

I am 5 foot 3 and i started at 196lbs, today was weigh in day for me and it registered at 173.8lb i have been kind of stuck on the 170's...

I used to eat 1360 calories a day, i increased my calories to 1500 and so far, its been great to eat more, i exercise 3-5 hours a day i used to do Turbo fire in the afternoon and weight lifting at the gym later that night, plus i ran from 1-3 miles a day, i got really exhausted and i slowed down on my exercising. Im thinking about doing 10-13 hours of exercise again. IDK, what do you guys think?

Wow it looks like you're doing really good!! Yeah..iknow what you mean by stuck in the 170's.. I was the same way, then i flew right thru the 160 s. And now 150! My goal is at least 135, haha but lots of people say that would be too skinny like crack head skinny lol. Cuz I'm tall and I think my frame is a large. Good luck tho, as long as u stay under your daily calorie goal you'll do fine, and alot of exercise really will speed up ur weight loss too !
  • knottyrye
    knottyrye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 140 and my goal is 125. I just started using MFP April 1 and am in the middle of the 30 day shred...feel free to add me!

weird!!! i am 5'7 140 and my goal is 125 too! i just finished 30DS and am on to ripped in 30!
  • abrandnewme18
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7" and I'm around 160 (haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks!) I would kill to be under 150 pounds, but my ultimate goal to be under 140.
  • julyssas
    julyssas Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 193lbs. I want to be down at least 25 pounds but after 4 weeks haven't lost anything :-(. I first started eating 1,200 cls/day and after a couple of weeks I increased it to 1,500 cls/day but still nothing. I am exercising at least 6 days a week for minumum 1/2 hours and burning around 250-300 cls. I am now considering to increase my calories again and see how it works :-)
  • RWBoston
    RWBoston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and started around 150 lbs (148 to be exact). I lost 11 lbs in two months.

My current weight fluctuates between 137 and 139. It's probably on the higher end right now (I've indulged in too many of my favorite foods this week and need to get back on track).

My UGW is 132, but I'll take any number just so long as my pants fit perfectly and I have so muscle definition :)
  • puppy_amor
    puppy_amor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5' 6.5" and started at 149 when I became serious about using MFP at the beginning of March. Now I am down to 145 or so but am feeling great. I have started incorporating some heavy lifting into my routine (Im doing stronglifts 5x5) because I have been stuck in the high 140s for the last year without significant changes. My ultimate goal is to get down to 20-22% BF or around 135-137 pounds. Generally I have been eating 1700-1900 calories a day but I have a hard time on the weekends staying in this range. Feel free to add me!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    lol I'm 5'7 1/2 and wanna be 150 :laugh:

I'll be there with you one day!
    ST 260
    cw 195
    gw 160 (for now then another 10-20 more)
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 150lb!! (5' 7.5", started 190 and a month later now at 180)

I'd be happy to see 160 on the scale, hopefully before the end of the summer... I'm so impatient but think may have to up my calories a bit soon as 1340 as suggested by MFP is a little hard for me on the days I don't exercise.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a step aerobics class 4 days a week and eating under about 1200 calories a day. Is anyone in a similar situation or have any useful tips on workouts/healthy meals that will keep me going faster towards my weight loss goal...

Eat more, it will help a lot.

I did 1200 until I hit that weight - since I was stalled.
    Going up to 1500 helped so much and lifting weights has helped further since.

I'm not losing too much now but that's because I can't keep my hand out of the cookie jar (not quite literally lol)

I'm 5'7", started at 172#, at 144# now, goal is 137/140#
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!