GB Newby needing advice

Options
Hi everyone...

I'm a newby from the UK and have been sticking to a 1200 cal diet for about a month now, exercising as much as possible but so far not seeing any real results on the scales.

I'm generally quite an active person anyway so i'm wondering if i'm not doing enough exercise above my usual which is why the pounds aren't coming off yet.

I'm all hips, thighs and bum...any good techniques for losing weight on these areas?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you exercise a lot you may not be eating enough, or maybe need to look at your macros. Do you eat back accurately earned exercise calories?

Take a look at the TDEE and BMR posts on here.....

And I've sent you a friend request.
  • sarahshirah
    Options
    get a pair of ankle weights maybe a total of 5 lbs (2.5 per leg) and wear them everywhere even just walking around the house i was just like u and the weight was coming off in size but not numbers due to my gut (i believe) ... add me please i get really discourgaged in this and could use some support as well
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories. 1200 calories is not enough if you are exercising a lot
  • marzoh
    marzoh Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey there,

I am just like you and Hips, Thighs and bum girl lol, i'm on the same calories as you and what is so annoying is that i'm not seeing much of the weight drop via the scale... However try measuring yourself, you'll most probably find that you are losing fat but gaining muscle, always make sure to follow these rules : Eat breakfast like a king, Lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper... hope this helps x
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzie

I've only been doing this for two weeks so still very new to calories counting. I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day and eating back some of my exercise calories but already starting to feel more tired than usual and hungry.

Today I've been doing a lot of reading on here and have come to the conclusion that I'm not eating enough. I've upped my calories to 1500 starting from today and will let you know how it goes. Based on everything I've read though this should definitely help.

I read a great post regarding calcuating BMR etc earlier so I will try to find it and send you the link.

Good luck! Add me if you like...... :o)
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    helloo :) 1200 may not be enough considering how much excercise you're doing. perhaps try 1400 :)
  • lizziebubs
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I don't tend to eat the calories i burn....mainly because I exercise in the evening so I've already eaten my meals and so to make up my calories would just be eating for eating's sake.

Maybe i need to increase what i'm eating in the day when i know i'll be exercising.

I will definitely start measuring myself too and see if the inches are coming off...

This losing weight thing is hard and complicated! look forward to getting your support! :)
  • sdreed25
    Options

Maybe i need to increase what i'm eating in the day when i know i'll be exercising.

I will definitely start measuring myself too and see if the inches are coming off...

Yep, eat more on exercise days, not just after exercise :) and definitely measure too!
  • sdreed25
    Options

And yes this might help you too, or might confuse at this point
  • lizziebubs
    Options
    I've just checked my BMR and calorie counter on this site http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

And it seems i am not eating enough for the amount of exercise i do...i think i need to increase to 1500.

That's crazy isn't it...you need to eat more to lose weight!

Let's hope I start seeing some results!
  • bowmaster71
    bowmaster71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Up your calorie intake to 1400-1500 on exercise days. Definitely look at the app for the BMR. It tells you roughly the calories you need. When I don't see the scale move I always measure. Even the lost of an inch from the body keeps me motivated. Feel free to add me to your friend list. I know I can always use motivation and support.:bigsmile: