Eggplant- love it or hate it?

Options

Replies

• groovy_dhruvy
    groovy_dhruvy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can't get enough of it - Sliced thinly and grilled : yum!
  • RubyRedScarlett
    Options
    i LIKE it...will try some of these recipes and see if i can grow to LOVE it :heart:
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    love, love, love it!
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    I create a lasagna with layers of thin eggplant instead of noodles. Lower carb and lower starch, but soooo good!
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    This is the absolute best stew I have ever tried!

http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/spicy-peanut-eggplant-and-shallot-stew/

Just looked at that recipe and OMG I am going to make it. Looks and sounds amazing.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    http://sheheartsit.com/food-drink/baked-eggplant/

I've tried it several ways, and my favorite, really the only way I eat it now, is the above recipe.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If I could marry eggplant I would, so long as it was ok with being in a polygamous marriage with me and salmon sashimi.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    http://sheheartsit.com/food-drink/baked-eggplant/

I've tried it several ways, and my favorite, really the only way I eat it now, is the above recipe.

This is almost exactly the way I make it, too - but with lots of garlic and some basil. It really is delicious, and if you go easy on the olive oil you can eat a lot of it for very few calories.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Grilled...then made into eggplant lasagne. Mmmmm
  • agulamali
    agulamali Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Used to hate it, but it's growing on me...
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    now you all make me want to try it ! never cooked with it before. what does it taste like?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all vegetables. I would eat nothing but veggies if I wasn't trying to hit a protein goal. But I really dislike eggplant. I love Baba Ganoush, but all other eggplant needs to DIAF. The skin is a pretty color though.
  • kcarlberg99
    kcarlberg99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love it but it does not love me. I can not eat it or if eat I eat it I will got to the ER.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love all vegetables. I would eat nothing but veggies if I wasn't trying to hit a protein goal. But I really dislike eggplant. I love Baba Ganoush, but all other eggplant needs to DIAF. The skin is a pretty color though.

Ha ha I was thinking the same thing. I love egg plant. I love all food. But, I am not crazy about protein foods and since I like everything the thing I like least gets shoved to the bottom of my priority list.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I love to dice and sautee, then hide in spaghetti sauce, so my kids don't know. lol!
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    If I could marry eggplant I would, so long as it was ok with being in a polygamous marriage with me and salmon sashimi.

hahaha nice!!
  • twilasue54
    twilasue54 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I create a lasagna with layers of thin eggplant instead of noodles. Lower carb and lower starch, but soooo good!

Do you have to cook the eggplant first? i have never made anything with eggplant but would like to try this. does the skin stay on it? do you cut it legthwise or widthwise?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    LOVE
    Make these babies on a day you want to spend all your calories in one place - http://theveeword.blogspot.com/2012/10/veganmofo-bobby-flay-and-eggplant.html
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! But, about 5 years ago, I developed an allergy to it :sad: . Not terrible, but it makes my throat itch. If I'm really craving some, I'll have it, but it makes me nervous.