Calling all late 30, early 40 somethings...

Options
I will be 40 in January (nine months minus 3 days to be exact... and yes, I'm counting) I am determined to get FIT before I hit 40. I will say, for me personally, every year that passes seems to make it just a little bit harder.... not impossible, just a wee bit more difficult. I have 20 more pounds to lose to be at my goal and I would be thrilled if I can get there before I get to the big 4-0! ;)

This has been a tough year for me... my "baby" started kindergarten so I have been struggling with this new phase of life having no little ones at home... my dad also passed away about 6 weeks ago which really has made me reevaluate what is important in life. Having said that, I am more committed than ever to truly LIVE and be healthy!

If any one wants/needs friends please feel free to add me! I am very active on the site (login almost every day) Nothing against the 18 year olds and 20 somethings on this site, but I just feel like I have more in common with people near the same age and would love to have more friends AND especially support/encouragement!

Send me a friend request and... Let's do this!!!

Replies

• tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    We are already friends! I loved your post though. You got this girl! You can do it!
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I am sorry for your recent loss.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 in December! and I have a 5yo girl (turning 6 in a week) who started Kindergarten. I will be your friend LOL I like friends :D

ETA: My father also passed way last May on mother's day so I can relate to your pain.
  • dmb0114
    dmb0114 Posts: 49
    Options
    We are already friends! I loved your post though. You got this girl! You can do it!

Thanks! and I am happy we are friends! ;)
  • dmb0114
    Options
    I will be 40 in December! and I have a 5yo girl (turning 6 in a week) who started Kindergarten. I will be your friend LOL I like friends :D

ETA: My father also passed way last May on mother's day so I can relate to your pain.

We have A LOT in common! We can do this TOGETHER! Thanks..
  • dmb0114
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I am sorry for your recent loss.

Thank you! (and friend request sent)
  • Beckyrunningstrong
    Options
    Hi,
    Just looking for some friends to share this journey with and encourage along the way!
    I am turning 35 tomorrow.
    I am looking forward to connecting!
    Thanks.
    Becky Olesky
  • mrskight2011
    mrskight2011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Already in my 40's and commend you for aiming to get fit beforehand! You can do this! I'm sorry for the loss of your dad and saying a prayer for your family.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    I turned 43 just more than a week ago. My body was much more forgiving of my lapses when I was younger. It was a lot easier to get back into shape after I'd slacked off.

Keep pushing. It's worth it.

Cheers,
    Daryle
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    I fit that description :)
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think early 40's means 45 haha....anyway, I've been on this site for a while as well. I joined a year or so ago after looking for an app for my sister-in-law. I'm a big proponent of running....been doing it for a while...still do 3-4 half-marathons a year. I'm currently training for the Buffalo Half and my target time is 1:40. You can definitely do anything you put your mind to just keep at it!
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    pick me, pick me! My name is Heather, and I'm turning 40 in July. I'm here for some of the same reasons... it's time to be FABULOUS at 40! I would like to share inspiration if you want to add me?
  • KellyJoDay
    Options
    You can add me if you would like....