20 in 20: Week 5

Options
Alright ladies....we're 25% of the way through our 20 week challenge!

This week's challenge is: Pick Your Poison! Set up your own challenge based on the one thing that you, personally, need to improve the most! Let us know what your challenge is and keep us updated throughout the week!

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
Emmylou13...........................157.4............................................154.2.................................. -3.2 LBS
Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................. -2.3 LBS
NaokoHeart...........................196.4............................................193.2...................................-3.2 LBS
Cnbethea...............................162.6............................................163.8................................. +1.2 LBS
Breathe_Glamour.................175.0...........................................173.0..................................... - 2 LBS
00trayn....................................177.0............................................172.2.................................. -4.8 LBS
kaymiller2...............................155.0............................................154.0..................................... -1 LBS
salvirez....................................138.0............................................131.0.....................................- 7 LBS
stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
whittrusty.................................216.2............................................210.0...................................-6.2 LBS
dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.6.................................. -0.2 LBS
sarahgallienne81..................223.0............................................223.0.......................................0 LBS
Curvykatie................................145.6............................................145.6.......................................0 LBS
wildfiery....................................195.0............................................195.0.......................................0 LBS
kalibsmom..............................187.0............................................ 187.0.......................................0 LBS
maggiecharles........................193.0............................................193.0.......................................0 LBS
Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2........................................... 221.2.......................................0 LBS
Johnjely....................................185.0.............................................183.5 .................................-1.5 LBS
mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.2.......................................0 LBS
khursh8.....................................140.2............................................140.2.......................................0 LBS
mlally1014................................150.0............................................146.4.................................- 3.6 LBS

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I like that challenge :D Mine for the week is going to be NO FOOD AFTER 10pm! I'm terrible about eating right before bed and I do it entirely too often. I'm usually in bed around 11:30pm, so 10pm is a good hour and a half before that. I always have an evening snack after dinner, but I end up getting comfy on the couch and eating that snack at 10:30pm or 11... no good... haha

I was running late this morning and forgot to hop on the scale. I'll post my weigh in tomorrow morning since I spent this weekend drinking with friends and I need a day of healthy eating and water drinking before I want to see the number on the scale :D
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Mlally - Congrats on your lowest adult weight! That's awesome! I updated the list with your loss this week.

I'm down 2.4 lbs this week AND I met my first mini goal of 15 lbs this morning!! Now on to my next goal of 25 lbs by August 14th!

My challenge for this week is to stop eating after dinner! I never go over my calories, but I do eat probably 200-300 useless calories just because I can. This week I'm going to work to stop mindless eating after dinner; if I'm actually still hungry, then I will make better choices than I have been!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Too bad I missed out on this.....looks like it would have been a good challenge! Good luck to you all and I will watch for the next one! :happy:
  • stephlewis
    stephlewis Posts: 59
    Options
    Whittrusty- CONGRATS on your first goal! WTG! =)

I'm finally seeing the scale go back down! I'm not to my starting weight yet but I should meet it/beat it next Monday if things continue the way they are!

My poison for this week is to work out EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. I need to get serious about this! I know it's important to 'rest' in between intense workouts so I'll do light walking for the resting days.

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Emmylou13...........................157.4............................................154.2.................................. -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................. -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart...........................196.4............................................193.2...................................-3.2 LBS
    Cnbethea...............................162.6............................................163.8................................. +1.2 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour.................175.0...........................................173.0..................................... - 2 LBS
    00trayn....................................177.0............................................172.2.................................. -4.8 LBS
    kaymiller2...............................155.0............................................154.0..................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez....................................138.0............................................131.0.....................................- 7 LBS
    stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.................................+ .8 LBS
    whittrusty.................................216.2............................................210.0...................................-6.2 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.6.................................. -0.2 LBS
    sarahgallienne81..................223.0............................................223.0.......................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie................................145.6............................................145.6.......................................0 LBS
    wildfiery....................................195.0............................................195.0.......................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.0............................................ 187.0.......................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles........................193.0............................................193.0.......................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2........................................... 221.2.......................................0 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185.0.............................................183.5 .................................-1.5 LBS
    mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.2.......................................0 LBS
    khursh8.....................................140.2............................................140.2.......................................0 LBS
    mlally1014................................150.0............................................146.4.................................- 3.6 LBS
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Too bad I missed out on this.....looks like it would have been a good challenge! Good luck to you all and I will watch for the next one! :happy:

Aeriel: It's not too late to join! We always welcome new people to the challenge. Feel free to add your name to the bottom of the list and start weighing in next Monday :)
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Great! Happy to join you!

stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.................................+ .8 LBS
    Aeriel........................................188.7.............................................188.7......................................0 LBS

My goal for this week is to get my 30 minutes of exercise in every day, even if it is just "fun" exercises on my Wii and to continue drinking my 8 glasses of water everyday.
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Welcome! I'll be weighing in tomorrow, hopefully its a good number after this weekend.... too much drinking but I was doing a lot of walking and dancing. hehe
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Didn't have a chance to get on he scale this morning....ugh Mondays. I will weigh in tomorrow.
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    stephlewis..............................204.2............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS

No change in my weight, ladies. My self challenge is to make it happen! I just turned 20 yesterday, and need to get serious about this weight loss. So, for the next week, I am going to challenge myself to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday. If I think I won't be able to one day, I'll double up the day before (mostly I say this because I'm traveling on Thursday.).

Great job, everyone! Keep it up!
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Happy birthday, johnjely!! The scale will start to move again, especially if your get your exercise in. On days where I don't feel like a hardcore workout, I just go to the town center or the mall to walk around for an hour or two. It burns a decent amount of calories and I'm moving one way or another! Doesn't matter what you do, as long as you're moving :)
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I havent had the chance to weigh in today either, and im thinking it might not be the best number, i feel as if i did pretty good last week, but only managed to work out 3 times, and i know for a fact that my eating wasnt perfect or even up to par, so I am challenging myself this week, to log in all my calories every day (atleast a total of 5 times in the week), because i am suppose to go away to my aunts this weekend, but during the weekend i will hope to watch the intake and portions......so hoping for a good weigh in tommorow, i kicked myself in the *kitten* today at the gym burned 700 calories according to my heart rate monitor, so im pretty pumped to see if the weight is atleast a maintenance or even a small loss.......wish me luck!
  • stephlewis
    stephlewis Posts: 59
    Options
    Good luck MXBURKE! =)

If any of you are interested, I posted a mini-challenge for today!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/106411-tuesday-mini-challenge
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! My goal for myself is to get better with my calories, I have really been slacking with that over the past week and the scale shows that. :ohwell:

dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.0.................................. -0.8 LBS
  • 00trayn
    Options
    The weekend definitely got me this time, and 4th of July weekend was before that. It's been a slow 2 weeks. I was down all the way to 171.2, but I drank two nights this week and I've got some water weight from eating a few things I shouldn't have so I'm up to 171.8 lbs. I'm gonna drink tons of water and eat much better for the next few days and hopefully get below 170 by next week. I don't have that far to go :) And I managed to not eat after 10pm yesterday, even though I was kinda hungry before bed. I drank some water.

00trayn....................................177.0............................................171.8.................................. -5.2 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8............................................184.0.................................. -0.8 LBS
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    00trayn....................................177.0............................................171.8.................................. -5.2 LBS
    mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.0.................................. -0.2 LBS

Don't worry too much Sara, I also did not lose much, only down 0.2 lbs, so lets all try to work harder this week and meet some crazy goals! i cannot wait to be back under 160, hopefully it will happen soon!
  • pheebers
    pheebers Posts: 5
    Options
    Is it okay if I join too? I found this site (via the iPod app) 3 weeks ago, and I really need some like-minded friends.... my DH lives on unhealthy food and doesn't exercise, and still doesn't gain weight :( Also there's fudge in my fridge and I REALLY want some.
    mxburke....................................163.2............................................163.0.................................. -0.2 LBS
    pheebers..................................174.0............................................166.0..................................-8.0 LBS
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome pheebers!

I went to kickboxing class (God himself invented that class) and it was the BEST workout ever. I challenge everyone to find a kickboxing class and go to at least one! It's such an efficient way to burn a ton of calories in an hour.
  • khursh8
    khursh8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself yesterday morning and nothing had changed (+.1), so I need to kick it into a higher gear. My challenge for this week is to work my way up to running for a half and hour at 5 mph. And that includes the weekend (mental reminder for myself)!
  • salvirez
    salvirez Posts: 25
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but I did manage to weight myself, and I'm +1 LBS. Not happy about this, but I know this will only keep me motivated for the rest of week. My challenge for this week is to incorporate more veggies into my meals. I have no problem eating them, I just need to do some grocery shopping to stock up.

I have a question for you ladies- Do you have an HRM and would you recommend it? Brand? What do you like about it and have you seen results since using one consistently. I don't own one and usually just input an estimate based on what MFP says and what the machine says (always going with the lowest calories). For strength training I go with the calories MFP estimates I burned, and always round down. I feel like I work out pretty hard at the gym, 30-45 mins cardio and 3x a week strength straining. I work out 5x a week, sometimes 6x. I'm beginning to think I'm overestimating or underestimating the calories I'm burning at the gym. Anyway, any info would be much appreciated. Thanks! :wink:

salvirez....................................138.0............................................132.0.....................................- 6 LBS
    pheebers..................................174.0............................................166.0..................................-8.0 LBS
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I have a question for you ladies- Do you have an HRM and would you recommend it? Brand? What do you like about it and have you seen results since using one consistently. I don't own one and usually just input an estimate based on what MFP says and what the machine says (always going with the lowest calories). For strength training I go with the calories MFP estimates I burned, and always round down. I feel like I work out pretty hard at the gym, 30-45 mins cardio and 3x a week strength straining. I work out 5x a week, sometimes 6x. I'm beginning to think I'm overestimating or underestimating the calories I'm burning at the gym. Anyway, any info would be much appreciated. Thanks! wink

I use a Polar F6 HRM that I got from amazon for $83 on sale. It's SO useful! I had been estimating with MFP and whatever machine I was using and I found that it was way off in same cases. The elliptical alone overestimates by 25%! I was overestimating the 30 Day Shred by at least 50 calories, and I could get a much more accurate reading when I wore my HRM just walking around the mall or town center for an hour or two and log that in as exercise. Plus you can see how your heart rate changes during exercise. It helps me especially when running, and I can see when I should put a little more effort into my workout when my heart rate drops. If you have the money, it's a great investment and I've been using it for over a month and my weight has been steadily going down.