What do you tell yourself?

Options
So, this morning at 4am when the alarm went off for a split second I thought to myself that I'd rather sleep than go to the gym. Then I told myself that I would keep promises that I make to myself. I promised myself that I would go and I went. I'm glad I did. What do you tell yourself when you don't want to go to the gym or workout?

Replies

• Turtle1794
    Options
    I tell myself, that an hour workout is only 4% of my entire day, and it will make such a huge difference if you keep doing it. So I get up and I move it, even if I don't want to or else I will feel like crap. Good Luck! :happy:
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself that it's the actual getting there that sucks, and once I'm there I'll be fine! I also tell myself that I'll never regret a good workout, but there's a good chance I'll regret skipping one.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    'get your a** up and go."

thats about all i have to say these days.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You only live once, make the most of every day.

I always feel better after a workout so I just try to remind myself of that. Also, I'm a much more patient, kind, energetic person when I run first thing in the morning. I'm sure my family appreciates that. LOL
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    put your big girl panties on and do it!
  • krawl78
    krawl78 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that the way I feel after that workout is the best I will feel all day... and that alone is worth it.
  • Inkchick
    Inkchick Posts: 31
    Options
    I tell myself that kind of thinking got me to 322 pounds in the first place and if I want to go right back up there I can lay in bed. Then I get my fanny out of bed ;)
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Have to remind myself of all the delicious extra snack calories I'll burn off and how nice and toned I'll be come summer! 4:30 comes early but usually 2 minutes of lying there petting the dogs wakes me up and I can move.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    put your big girl panties on and do it!
    another thing i tell myself. look on the bright side, you're already at your goal weight so you don't have to do 2 workouts a day anymore and on the one that you do, once those earphones are on and that music is jammin, all is well with the world.
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    when i come home from work and feel that way i say it out loud . . "i really dont want to work out today but i know i have to because these are the days that will break me" so i go put on my work out cloths and i work out because i know i have too on those days or else i know it will start a down hill spiral. and on those days i try to work out harder
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    A handful of people have recently asked me exactly what I did (specific meals, snacks, workouts, etc.) to lose the weight. Whenever I want to eat something crappy or skip a workout, I make the decision as if these people were watching me. Set the example.

Before that, I would tell myself that what I eat is fuel for my next workout. Do I want to be fueled by McDonalds or chicken and vegetables? As far as workouts, I would tell myself that the worst part is the anticipation of the workout, but once I am doing it I feel great, and I always feel great after.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I can.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."

This is my mantra.

I usually think about the foods I ate the day before or the foods I'll eat today and it's enough motivation to get me out of bed and working out :smile:
  • andii4
    andii4 Posts: 23
    Options
    Wow! These are all great everybody. Thank you for commeting. I like them all and will use them. :) I DO feel better when I go and you are so right that the hardest part is getting there. That is what I tell my kids when they don't want to go to dance or softball practice. I say, lets just go and if you still feel awful we'll leave. Once we get there it's totally forgotten and they have fun. :) Thanks again everyone and have a great day!!