How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    6 days a week....2 miles (about 1 hour) on treadmill walking/jogging! Its working for me! :)
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    workout everyday

Monday: AM: Lower Body Hyper Program / PM: Power Upper
    Tuesday: AM: Cardio/Arms/Abs / PM: Crossfit Class
    Wednesday: AM: Upper Body Hyper Program / PM: Power Lower Body
    Thursday: See Tuesday
    Friday: See Monday
    Saturday: See Wednesday
    Sunday: See Tuesday
  • sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    40-50 minutes cardio and 50 minutes, weights arms, legs various and weighted sit up machine, 6 days a week (2 days extra 70 minutes walking)
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    work out daily!

45 minutes cardio (spin class everyday)
    then i do weight training right after spin and i rotate what body part i focus on

one day i do legs
    the next day arms/abs
    the next day back/shoulders
    the next day legs
    next day arms/abs
    next day back/shoulder...
    etc etc...
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Monday - 60 minutes elliptical, occasionally a strength body class afterwards, but it's rare
    Tuesday - 60 minutes personal training
    Wednesday - 60 minutes elliptical, again, occasionally a strength body class but rare
    Thursday - 60 minutes personal training
    Friday - 60 minutes elliptical

Saturday or Sunday I typically go to the gym at least once OR recently I've been trying to run at least a little bit one day.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I work out between 2 and 4 times a week depending on when I have to work and how much homework I have to do for college.
    Those of you who are working out every day, I'd just like to mention that not leaving yourself an off or rest day can result in injury in the long run. My track coach in high school used to be incredibly adamant that we rested over the weekend - nothing more than walking.

Usually my schedule is:

Monday: 20-35 minutes of biking, 10-15 minutes of rowing machine, small amounts of core
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: 15-25 minutes of jogging, 15-30 minutes of biking
    Thursday: 15-25 minutes of jogging, 10-15 minutes of rowing machine, small amounts of leg/arm work outs
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Rest OR 5-15 minutes of an exercise video OR 15-25 minutes of jogging, 15-30 minutes of biking
    Sunday: Rest

I often work Thursdays at the time I usually work out, so that day either gets dropped or moved to Friday. Before workouts, I usually walk at least two minutes and afterwards I try and walk at least five and as much as fifteen minutes. I also skateboard to class on weekdays, but I don't count that as I would have to go to class regardless if I was trying to get more healthy or not.

I keep meaning to incorporate more weights into my workouts, but I enjoy the cardio more and more and the weight rooms are always full of big, sweaty, territorial men.
  • stunmai2
    stunmai2 Posts: 5
    Options
    i ride a bike about 8 to 10 miles four times a week. I try and keep the pace at 15 mph. The bike is a 21 gear type and I never change gears. I wear a fat belt and this type of exercise really seems to work for me.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Monday: 1 h Circuits and 1 h pilates (fitness classes at gym)
    Tuesday: 1 hour gym session focus mainly on lifting compound
    Wednesday: 1h Spinning, 1h Body Pump (fitness class)
    Thursday: 1h Body Combat
    Friday: 1h Circuit, 1h Kettlebettles
    Saturday: 1h Body Combat
    Sunday: 1h Spinning, 1h kickboxing (kickboxing is a class in which Im taught it, therefore it isnt as high intensity as my fitness classes)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    90 minutes 3x a week: heavy lifting is about 60 minutes of it and warmup, stretching and HIIT make up the rest.
  • niallse
    niallse Posts: 58
    Options
    30 mile cycle 4 times per week total 120miles
    Run 3-4 times per week anything from 5k to 10 miles, totalling approx 20 miles
    Practice yoga after my Tuesday night run
    and Thursday I have 1 hour of circuit training.

I rest 2 days per week.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    Mon to fri i do 45 min. Of strength training and 1 hour cardio. Saturday i take a break sunday i do a little running (20 min) and 1 hour of pilates. I love my workouts very much and dont mind waking up at the crack of dawn to fit them into my working mom schedule.:happy:
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    4 to 6 hours a week will keep you healthy. But if u want a kick *kitten* appearance add a half hour per day.:bigsmile:
  • Katieloula
    Options
    Omg everyone here seems to be riDONKulous!

I didn't start off very big to begin with (UK size 14 - I don't use scales due to a past disorder), almost 3 weeks into dedicated diet and exercise and I'm thinking one more week before I have to swap my size 14 trousers for a 12 (Woohoo!).

I do 30DS followed by 10 mins at 4.0 - 5mph on my treadmill 4x a week.
    I also do the 30 day squat challenge and ab challenge every day except for on the scheduled rest days.
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    I wish that I could be as awesome as some of the folks in this thread, but for me, I work out as often as my schedule allows. Some weeks, I can get 4- 5 days in. Some weeks, I'm lucky if I can get one day in. A couple of years ago, I was working out 6 days a week with a combo of weights and cardio. I felt awesome and looking back at the pictures, I looked good too (despite not seeing much of a move on the scale.) I'd like to get back to that point after this work project ends, but until then, I'll just do what I can when I can.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I try to go to the gym every day and am there for nearly 2 hours.
    On Tuesdays I also play up to an hour of tennis and Fridays I play indoor football (soccer) for 40 minutes.
    Might go and start football training as well.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I run 1-3 times a week, take a dance class or meet my friends for a dance session once a week if possible, and walk quite a lot during the rest of the week. I've slipped into maintaining at the moment by accident, so I need to shake up the exercise a bit. need to dust off the kinect at some point and do some zumba or UFC trainer.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I walk home from work mon-fri 60min walk and then when i get home i try to add another dvd workout at least 20-30 mins going for 30.
  • htotheeather
    htotheeather Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i do turbo kickboxing (TKB) 2-3 times a week (60 minutes), body combat 2 days per week (60 minutes), and use the stationary bike for 40 minutes 4 days a week.
    i really need to up the weight lifting though...
  • padackllins
    Options
    At the minute I'm doing basics like push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc at home every day for about 20 minutes, but I'm starting to go for runs every few days. I say runs.. More like half jogging, half crawling :P I also do roller derby training once a week for 2 hours.
    Not a lot but it's the most I can do without feeling like I'm gunna vomit at this point :)
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Seven days a week...

Monday: Yoga AM, Lifting PM
    Tuesday: TapouT XT or running AM
    Wednesday: Tapout TX or running AM, Lifting PM
    Thursday: TapouT XT or running AM
    Friday:TapouT XT or running AM
    Saturday: Lifting AM
    Sunday: Running AM