Arm excersizing

Options
Hey All,

I'm struggling with my flabby arms. I've never had much upper body strngth to begin with, but lately the waddle has started to bother me. I'm looking for idea on at-home arms excersizes that don't require me to spend money on weights. I've heard of excersizes that use the natural weight of your body to tone/shape, but I don't know if there are any for arm/triceps.

Any Ideas?

Replies

• m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What's your goal? Losing fat or building muscle?

If you want bigger arms eat more and lift some weights. If you just want to stop them wobbling then lose some weight.
  • eschoon88
    eschoon88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like less wobble and tone. I didn't think something as simple as losing weight would solve my problem lol
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, planks, pull-ups are exercises you could try.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Less wobble is as simple as losing weight. It's fat. You can't target fat loss, you're body picks where it comes from, so reducing your overall body fat will eventually lessen the waddle. You can do things like dips, push-ups and planks to strengthen your arms. You won't build a ton of muscle that way, but it will help. But, it won't cure the wobble.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Push ups?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, negative pull-ups or let-me-ups, let-me-ins, and military press.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Bench and Rows
  • eschoon88
    eschoon88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i hate my arms!! Im going out this weekend and wearing a cute sleeveless top so i am working them extra hard this week with free weights every other day.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Pushups, Dips, spiderman pushups, curling water gallons, resistance bands, chin ups...
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you want to spend money on weights? Theyre a great investment and remarkably cheap (See note: Craigslist, Walmart, Etc.)
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I do dips at home while watching TV using my ottoman!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm struggling with my flabby arms. I've never had much upper body strngth to begin with, but lately the waddle has started to bother me. I'm looking for idea on at-home arms excersizes that don't require me to spend money on weights. I've heard of excersizes that use the natural weight of your body to tone/shape, but I don't know if there are any for arm/triceps.

Any Ideas?

Pushups (start against the wall or table if you need to and work up to the floor), tricep dips. Planks are for your core but also work your arms. Pullups if you have something to do them on. But you'll probably be surprised at the difference just doing pushups and dip can make.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    heres a video that was on cnn this week with a few exercizes for arms. I did them last night and am really feeling it today!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2013/04/14/exp-tone-your-arms.cnn
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Less wobble is as simple as losing weight. It's fat. You can't target fat loss, you're body picks where it comes from, so reducing your overall body fat will eventually lessen the waddle. You can do things like dips, push-ups and planks to strengthen your arms. You won't build a ton of muscle that way, but it will help. But, it won't cure the wobble.
    Yes it will....If you lose weight and muscle without maintaining your muscle and "toning/strengthening it, you will have small flabby arms....Just losing fat will not take away soft flabby arms...
    Do tricep dips, planks, pull ups, push ups and you wont waste your money on a cheap set of dumbells - it can do wonders for flabby arms.....
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    All of the Jari Love workouts will really get your arms in shape, or Crunch Total Resculpt with Kendall Hogan is a good one also for that.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips are a favourite of mine. Planks and pushups are also good.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips are good, but if you can't do that, then try tricep push-ups. They hurt!
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you want to spend money on weights? Theyre a great investment and remarkably cheap (See note: Craigslist, Walmart, Etc.)

I agree- not sure what your money flow/budget is like of course, but small free weights are not very expensive. Heck if you have to, just get one and work one arm at a time until you can get another! You could also probably use jugs of water or some other household object. I would not be surprised if you googled something like "frugal free weights" there would be a ton of hits!

It has been awhile since I lifted weights and even when I used to I never went that heavy, so for now I have 1 set of 3lb weights at home, they were like $6.00 each. I'll get bigger when I get into a routine again and need to increase.

You can always check out garage sales or Craigslists.