Confused!!! How many calories should I eat??

Options
I am so confused on how many calories I should actually be consuming each day. I have about 100 pounds to lose and my TDEE is 3110, I was told by one to reduce that by 30% for maximum weight loss which would put me at consuming a little over 2000 calories a day, but MFP says I shoud only consume 1500 calories a day. Which is right? I workout alot, I run/walk 2-3 miles 5 days a week and do zumba every other night. I really want to lose this baby weight! PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    If you want to achieve sustainable results, eat at a reasonable deficit from your TDEE and add weight training to your routine 2 or 3 times a week (less cardio). Weight training will improve your shape as well as your metabolism.

Don't forget to recalculate your TDEE every 10 pounds or so.
  • MaryBeth0220
    Options
    That makes sense, I guess 50% of my TDEE which is what MFP suggest, is not reasonable at all. I shall eat at my 30% deficit and add in weight training as well. Thank you!
  • jzammetti
    Options
    That makes sense, I guess 50% of my TDEE which is what MFP suggest, is not reasonable at all. I shall eat at my 30% deficit and add in weight training as well. Thank you!

Check out the stronglifts 5x5 program and New Rules of Lifting for Women. I use the second, because I was a weight training beginner and thought it would be a better palce to begin, but I have not done the 5x5 program at all. I know women who do both and love both.
  • MaryBeth0220
    Options
    I will check those out! Thanks
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i did stronglifts, and i really enjoyed it. i thought it was great because i didn't have to drag around a notebook and remember what lifts i do on what days. 2 different workouts alternating 3 days a week was super easy.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Your TDEE calculation includes your exercise, MFP does not--they expect you to log cals burned and eat those back.
  • msny15
    msny15 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am also very confused about this too? Somedays I burn 600 on my workout and other days 300 so should I eat back what I work out on that specific day?
  • jzammetti
    Options
    I am also very confused about this too? Somedays I burn 600 on my workout and other days 300 so should I eat back what I work out on that specific day?

Do you use MFP goals? If so, yes eat them back.

If you use TDEE, then no, do not eat them back because they are already factored in.:happy: