What are ways you work away belly fat?

Options
So Ive lost 2 pant sizes and feel great! Except for my horrible after 2 kids belly fat!! :O( My pants are comfy in my legs but my stumach is suffocating. Any ideas?? Never thought my stumach would be last to go~

Replies

• CassieJTS
    CassieJTS Posts: 13
    Options
    Two words: Strength Training. It really does work wonders.
  • rachschwery
    Options
    My trainer advised me to do cardio, increase protien and decrease carbs and sugar. So now I am going to try that to see if it works.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Lose fat. That's it. It's an all over body process, and you cannot target or pick where the fat loss comes from. You have to lose fat through diet. For many, especially women, the belly is the last to go. I'm 5'4", weigh roughly 127 pounds, wear a size 2 and still jiggle in the belly. I also still jiggled in the belly when I weighed 117. It will go when It goes. Cardio will help to create a highly caloric deficit, and ST will help you retain muscle which will help you look better as you lose, but diet is the key.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lose fat. That's ti. It's an all over body process, and you cannot target or pick where the fat loss comes from. You have to lose fat through diet. For many, especially women, the belly is the last to go. I'm 5'4", weigh roughly 127 pounds, wear a size 2 and still jiggle in the belly. I also still jiggled in the belly when I weighed 117. It will go when It goes. Cardio will help to create a highly caloric deficit, and ST will help you retain muscle which will help you look better as you lose, but diet is the key.

^^^ Good answer!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    There is no exercise or program that can target fat loss in any area. A calorie deficit will allow you to lose weight. You can create the deficit with diet or exercise or a combination of both. Strength training and getting enough protein while in a deficit will allow you to retain lean body mass so that the majority of the weight you lose will be from from body fat. But you can still not effect where your body decides to lose fat first. You just have to keep going and eventually the fat will come off. Often times it is out problem areas that are the last to go.