Those who've 100+ lbs to lose or already lost

Options
13»

Replies

• masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would like to know how to post one of those attractive sliding weight loss scales that track progress. How is it done? I want one!

You need to change your setting to allow your ticker to show in posts. Go in to the message boards settings and select the option to show your ticker.

You can change the look of your ticker from your profile.
  • daepley
    daepley Posts: 9
    Options
    I have about 100 lbs to lose and I just started a week ago (Body by Vi shakes for breakfast and lunch, healthy snacks and a reasonable dinner). No exercise yet, as I just don't feel up to it yet. I'll let you know tomorrow morning when I do my first scale check.

Good luck to you! We can do this!

4lbs in my first week! I know that pace probably won't hold, but I'm excited to see some progress!
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    I started in January and think I lost around 4/5lbs in the first week but I thought it would be more considering I had 140lbs to lose. I started out around 308/310 and by this weekend I hope to be down 42lbs so it's nice and steady. My only exercise is pilates and walking and my aim is to be cycling by summer.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I only weighed myself monthly for the first 6 months. Unfortunately, I don't know what I lost the first weeks, but I was losing about 10-12 pounds a month for about the first 7-8 months, then about 8-9 pounds a month.

Good luck on your journey!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I lost 9lb's in my first week but think that was mainly water weight as i had just come back from holiday at an all inclusive resort in Mexico.

One warning my second week and most subsequent weeks I've lost between 1 and 2 lb's. It took years to put on the weight and it will take time to lose it as well. I agree with those who have said set yourself lots of mini goals to keep yourself motivated because if you are going to do this you need to be in it for the long haul and not get disappointed when you lose 1 lb.

I have a spreadsheet with all my mini goals to keep me going along the way. I have one for literally every few lb's because I want to celebrate all the milestones along the way. Also, take measurements so that if you have a couple of weeks that seem slower than normal you can have something else to measure. I am tracking my body fat % and also my waist and hip measurements.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I had 100.8 to lose to reach my ULTIMATE goal.
    First week I lost 6lbs
    Second week I lost 4lbs
    This past week I lost 1.4lbs.

I figure that will be how I continue on now, weigh in is on friday, so fingers crossed! :)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i started out weighing 365lbs. Once i made my mind up that i was no longer playing around and pitying myself and got real in the gym i lost 30 lbs the first week. I was also fasting that week. Afterwards with a change in diet i lost avg 12 pounds a week. I did a lot of cardio hard cardio i would get weak, sick, and lock up but i got right back at it. I was serious about it, not to say others are not but i had to kick myself and kick it into another gear. I am that type dude that is going to go as hard as neccessary and heck my life was dependant on it. After about 6 months I was doing a few pounds a week but my clothing was still shrinking. I went from size 20/22 shirt to 17 and from size 56 waist to 42 once it slowed i added the weight resistance on a regular basis because i was concerned with the saggy skin and thankfully i didnt suffer from it (like you see on biggest loser) i am holding at 250lb right now and pressing again to drop probably 30 more. Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you like, or anyone for that matter can always use more positive ppl life is challenging enough good ppl in your corner always helps.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started back in August of 2012 and lost six pounds in the first week. These days I am happy with 1-2 pounds per week. I exercise every day. I started out walking for 1-1.5 hours per day and now I ride my bicycle 10-20 miles per day.
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much I lost in the first week, but in the first 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs.

I started last the middle of last May and have lost 123 lbs so far.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My first week, I lost 6.1 pounds. Second week, 4.4 pounds. Then it's stayed pretty consistent between 1-2 pounds per week, and many weeks of 0.2-1 pound loss as well.

ETA: Suppose I should mention stats:

Height: 5'5"
    SW: 269
    CW: 166.8
    GW: 145

From 269 to 235 it was all diet changes. The 235 to present is diet changes along with regular exercise, that gets changed around quite often to keep my body guessing.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I lost like 8 pounds my first week. it was my third week I joined though. I am down to 252 I started at 268 I am only 5'2 so I have 120 still to go.
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Trying the low carb, high protein and 1200 calorie my self. What types of foods do you find more satisfying for hunger?
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Probably close to 10 pounds that first week. And then maybe 1-2 pounds a week for a while. Sometimes it stopped for a month or so, sometimes it went in reverse for a few pounds. When you have a long haul ahead of you, you have to expect that. Just have to keep going and take the focus off the scale and put it onto a new healthy way of life.
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I believe my first week was around 2 lbs lost. I started on WW 09/2011 but quit after a month or so. I think I lost around 12 lbs total before I quit, I never gained any of it back and in fact continued losing a pound here and there. In March of 2012 I started using MFP and I've been here ever since. I didn't start exercising until about June I believe. I now workout 5-6 days a week 1-2x a day. You definitely do not need to workout as much as this, I'm doing it because I'm training for a big race in October and for basic training (I'm joining the Army at the end of the year). When I DID start exercising I was doing 1 Leslie Sansone walking DVD 5-6x a week.

I'm 26 years old and 5'5"
    SW: 330+
    CW: 203.5
    GW: 135-ish (we'll see when I get closer, I might lower that number)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs on my first week.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    From the beginning I have lost 1-2 pounds per week. (I've never experienced a "big loss" in a week) I started out walking a couple of miles 3-4 days per week. Now I exercise 6 days per week for 45-60 minutes on average (weight training, water aerobics or water jogging, walking, Zumba - I'm easily bored so I mixed it up with something different every day). The weight is not coming off as rapidly as younger people experience through calorie counting and this amount of exercise, but I definitely feel a much higher fitness level and feel stronger then I ever have in my life. On the advice of my trainer I also eat more calories than recommended by MFP - this may slow down my weight loss ( I have lost consistently every week since I started in July 2012) but he assures me that it will leave me wiggle room if I ever hit a plateau. I have never felt deprived or starving, so this is working.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my journey but I have averaged about 2.8 lbs per week. Don't get discouraged if you have a low week because you are building muscle as you lose. This past week I lost 2.6 but the prior week, only .7.

My trainer/nutritionist recommended high protein and to eat the majority of my carbs during the day. Although I try to follow this, it can be difficult at times.
  • brent_woods
    Options
    I started at 315 in mid-March and weighed in today at 290. I'm aiming for 186, but will assess body fat when I reach 200.

First week on this program was very successful (about 5 lbs), possibly due partly to water excretion from lowering sodium intake. On average, it has been about 4-5 lbs per week. Mainly I'm sticking to the calorie goals (~1900 Cal per day) with weight training three times per week and cardio every day (swimming breaststroke, incline treadmill walking and Nordic walking). Sometimes I "eat back" up to half the calories I burn.

I did the Atkins diet almost ten years ago and experienced great success, but eventually put it back on and more after I stopped. I do not recommend the Atkins diet or any other diet that eliminates a food group.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!