SCALE HELP!

Options
OKAY I REALLY NEED SOMEONES OPPINION!!!!!!!!!
my daughter and i have been on a diet for at least two weeks, we are exersing at least two hours a day with high impact aerobics, and then 2 hours of softball 3x a week. the digital scale i have shows NO weight loss , it showed my 13 yr old girl who weighs 95 lbs at 180 lbs. i just now put a 20lb weight on it and it registered at 20.2 lbs wich was accurate , OMG i am going in sane with my scale i dont know if its accurate and i dont know what to do! im on a 1200 calorie diet. but showing no weightloss even though i feel it, someone please give me advise its becoming a nasty obsession with my scale and i dont want to starve to get it to show weigh loss but if its accurate i dont want to waste the money and throw it out either! so PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How often are you weighing? I would suggest only weighing once a week at most. Our bodies weight can fluctuate so much from day to day based on water retention from exercise and sodium. Get out a measuring tape and take some measurements. Inches is so much more accurate than the scale. If you can tell you are losing weight in your clothes, you are doing the right things.

Also, I'm guessing the scale is inaccurate, I can't imagine your daughters weight has doubled...
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    NO weight loss showing but you FEEL it......honey thats all that matters.

I used to be obsessed with the scale sometimes weighing myself multiple times throughout the day, then once a day, then twice a week, now I barely do it. I use the meauring tape to track my progress. I've seen someone post on here about how they started at 160 lbs and after 6 weeks, still at 160 lbs but when you see their before and after of the 6 weeks, they looked amazing! You can SEE the difference no matter what the scale says.

Don't let numbers deter you....keep going! As far as the scale goes, if you must have it....I would say try a different scale, exchange it maybe...NO MATTER WHAT...DO NOT STARVE TO GET A DIFFERENT READING ON THE SCALE.

GOOD LUCK!
  • azspenpal
    Options
    thank you so much for your input , im literally going crazy with this! that is one thing i havent done is the before pics thats a great idea thank you.
  • azspenpal
    Options
    melissa i only weigh once a week.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories back?

1200 is far too low for most people especially those who are exercising as much as you are. 2 hours a day is not neccessary and can be harmful to your progress if you are not eating your exercise calories back.
  • azspenpal
    Options
    i do eat most of them back , or at least try to even if its a couple juices.
  • azspenpal
    Options
    okay i think its my scale i weighed with shoes, sweats and a jacket just to see, and it showed 3 oz gain with even heavy clothes, so im gonna get my calories burned cuz im going to beat it with a hammer.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    i do eat most of them back , or at least try to even if its a couple juices.

I would bet you simply aren't eating enough especially with the exercise you are doing even with eating some of them back.

I would suggest figuring out your TDEE and taking a cut of about 20% off that.

For your scale, try changing the battery. Also, sometimes the reading will be different if your feet are on it in a different spot. If the scale is on carpet, an uneven floor, a floor that is not hard, or has a lost of dust on the feet of the scale the reading will be off. Mine can show a weight 40lbs higher than I really am if I"m leaning towards on side.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    change the battery
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    change the battery

Also, when you have it open, look on the bottom and inside the battery compartment for some sort of reset or tare button.
  • azspenpal
    Options
    oh duh! i never even thought of that!