Can't Choose WHERE to Lose Weight From

Options
This irritates me the most I think. Losing almost 20lbs so far..........not from where I want to lose it, which is my stomach (of course). Losing it from legs and butt. THANKS body. I know it will come, but damn, this gets my blood boiling.

Anyone else?

Replies

• S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21 so far, and I seem to have lost most of it in the places you can't really measure. Little bit in the face (according to some people who hadn't seen me in a couple of months), I have more defined shoulders etc. but really only lost between 1-2 inches in the 'main' places, like waist, hips, thighs etc. I'm just hoping the next 10lbs and more will take the inches with them now, and trying to fit in some more heavy lifting.

Saying that, it didn't actually bug me until this past week or two. Now it's just plain annoying.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Trust that every person on Earth will say that they aren't losing it where they want. Blame your mom and dad.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    where it goes on first (primary storage) is where it comes off last...

Look at it this way...you'd probably look pretty goofy with no belly and a big huge face and *kitten* and legs...your body is just keeping you in proportion.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I feel your frustration! In the last 2 weeks I've lost 3 inches off my arms and half an inch off my stomach errrr
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Genetics, Genetics, Genetics.

I thank my good ol' fam every day for the belly I was blessed with.

For now I am just enjoying watching my body morph every day. The tummy will flatten. Give it time.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    YES!!! The rest of my body is perfect except for my stomach and it is infuriating!
    I will just continue to work out and try to eat right..
    I am going to incorporate more strength training - that seems to be the secret from what my research is turning up!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Take underpants/swimsuit progress photos so you can compare them month to month, you have a lot to lose so you're probably losing all over and just don't realize it yet. It's easy to think that some part of you is still disproportionately huge if you don't have actual pictures to compare your progress.
  • candicegrant1
    candicegrant1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    haha! Im glad Im not the only one.

I know it will come with time and I know I should be patient, but damn! Some movement would be nice! lol