I am back at it again! This time for my health!

Options
Okay..... I am back at it again! My last weight loss venture resulted in me losing 37 pounds & boy did I ever have to work for it! A year or so later I have gained it all back. I got lazy through the winter months, started a second job & had less time to exercise ((or at least that was my excuse)), started having trouble with my back & used that as an excuse to be even more lazy, and I picked back up my worst habit.... SODAS & SWEET TEA!! I also began to have trouble with high blood pressure. I went to see my doctor in January of this year and I was given two options, lose weight and get my bp under control or be put on bp meds at the age of 28! The first one is the only option for me! I refuse to let obesity run my life. I made a plan almost immediately and I am sticking to it. The first step I took was getting off of sodas. The first week I cut out regular sodas, my second week I cut out diet sodas, and on the third I cut out sweet tea. I started back eating more healthy & exercising at least 4 to 5 times a week. I have lost 13 pounds since February so far and shedding inches as well. I am already seeing a huge difference in my blood pressure so that means I am doing something right! Yay! Any suggestions/advice is welcomed!

Replies

• dluce2569
    dluce2569 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back at it again! Health is so important!
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks! The blood pressure issue was a real eye opener for me.