Can't burn off anymore fat.

2»

Replies

• diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    I've had a lot of personal trainers over the years and the one thing that is universal has been that diet is #1. You won't have the bod you want without the right diet. As far as the "right diet" just watch your calories, get in high protein and tweak tweak tweak until you get the results you want. Everyone's different.

Personally my body stops losing at around 170-175 (I'm 5'10 have muscle and workout pretty intensely 5-7x per week) at that point I need to restrict carbs after 2/3pm. I am not perfect at this, but this is what it takes to get down to the next level. For me. From this point forward I have to keep the carbs low to get the leanness I want. Working out is great but will only get you so far. Diet then plays the main role. I wish it was the other way around because for me the cardio and weightlifting is a breeze, it's the dieting that is "work" for me. I rely a lot on the Costco brand pre-made premier protein shakes. They only have 160 calories and 30g of protein. When I am really eager to drop 'em I sub one of these for dinner and make sure to workout in the afternoon so that I feel satiated with just a shake. If I don't work out I seem to crave more at night. I started going to a weight loss clinic a few weeks ago to get some phentermine to help me with the evening cravings. Again, I wouldn't recommend this for everyone, but personally I needed an extra aid.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    I think you'll be more satisfied if you go over to Bodybuilding.com and sign up for a free account. You can answer some questions about your goals, and they have workout and diet plans that you can sign up for, print out specific instructions regarding diet and supplements plus worksheets that keep a record of your workouts and your progress.
  • geomars
    geomars Posts: 4 Member
    Have you seen the Hodge Twins channel on Youtube? They have many channels actually, but one of them is their Intermittent Fasting channel called "fastingtwins" and they talk about how "Intermittent Fasting" works well with getting rid of not only fat but stubborn fat whether it be in your belly or any where else. Check it out I highly recommend it, I am doing Intermittent Fasting myself and it has worked wonders.

Here is their channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7FP6UyeIEiqvrvpw8nFRnw

All IF is, is a tool that helps you with when to eat and when NOT to eat. I myself am doing 18/6 which means I have a 6 hour eating window where I get ALL of my caloric and macros in for the day. I do from 11am-5pm, after 5pm I do not eat, I fast for 18 hours and don't eat again until 11am the next day. This will not and I repeat will NOT burn muscle while you're fasted. When you're fasting your body goes into fat burning mode and burns all kinds of fat. You will burn fat off quicker if you incorporate cardio and your workout with it. Be sure to train fasted though because that's when your body needs the most energy, since you're on empty, your body goes after fat for energy and burns all kinds of fat.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Diet. Get proper nutrition. Weight train.
  • So I should work out when Im hungry?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,916 Member
    Do you lift? If not, I would start there. In addition, there are 2 supplements that I would recommend that would be TBOMB and a protein shake called SUPERPUMP.
    At 21 TBOMB would be pretty useless. Lifting alone would raise test.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    So I should work out when Im hungry?

Look at leangains.com--he breaks it all down and describes his intermittent fasting routine, but there are other variants.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    So I should work out when Im hungry?

1) Eat plenty of lean protein, like fish and chicken, turkey, some lean red meat.
    2) Lots of vegetables and some fruit.
    3) Complex carbs like wholegrain rice, sweet potatoes.
    4) Eggs are your friend.
    5) Dairy such as cottage cheese and Greek yoghurt, if you are not intolerant.
    6) Try and keep packaged and processed foods, like candy, cake, chocolate, ice cream etc to no more than 20% of your food intake.

With Intermittent Fasting, you basically go without eating for between 16 and 20 hours, and eat 1-3 meals in the 4-8 hour window you choose, making sure you get in adequate protein and fat. You do your workout before eating your first meal after the fasted period. I suggest you look at the leangains site also.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Haven't read all the posts yet so sorry if this already has been suggested, but clearly your lifting workouts are okay. If you want to lean out,, figure out your TDEE and try to consume 20% under that. Keep lifting but not to get bigger. To help you with your deficit, put in some running or long walks. Guaranteed 6 pack within a few months.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member

That link is a picture of me. Yes I know I look okay but I want to be a little more tone .I find it hard to burn off anymore fat nothing I do works. Can anyone help me out? I don't really have much of a diet I just work out really hard. I don't know what to eat either. I don't take supplements either . I just need some recommendations. PLEASE help!!!

You're doing great. You're just going to need to cut back on the calories some and lean out a bit. Start keeping close track of your calorie intake. Log everything. Keep your protein intake high to help keep all that muscle. 1 gram per pound of body weight is a good goal. Keep lifting heavy as you do now and your light cardio you're already doing is probably enough. Just get strict on your diet. You're doing everything else near perfect I would say. That's all there is to it.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    I do lift but I guess not enough. I rep out 225 on bench about 20 times (3 sets) and I mainly do power cleans up to 250lbs and I run on a treadmill until I have burned 2000 calories. but I only run maybe 3 times a week.
    Less cardio. That should give you more strength for the lifting, which will help you retain your muscles (if you're doing a cut). It'll help you build muscles if you're doing a bulk (calorie surplus). Basically, cardio can help make an easy calorie deficit. It doesn't make you more muscular. It can actually make lifting suffer. Working on things that require more muscles make you more muscular.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Track your food. Eat less.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member

Exactly. If you don't estimate your calories in then you will not likely be able to get as lean as you seem to want to be. Get a reasonable estimate of calories consumed and compare it to a reasonable estimate of calories burned. As long as in is a bit less than out, you will lose. It really is that simple. Track your food.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

This.

Unless you're logging accurately you don't have any way of knowing what you need to do, diet wise.