Alone during this....

Options
Outside of MFP, I don't have anyone helping me or motivating me. It's been hard, but I'm getting through it.

I just wanted to know if there were other people in the same boat as me?!

I see people on my feed who have family and friends supporting them, and it's something I wish I had. At the same time, I know I am doing this for myself. I keep telling myself that self motivation comes first.

If you're someone that's alone, just know that I am here!

cue the sad music...................:sad:

Replies

• oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Yup. My husband is sitting right next to me this very second eating a pepperoni pizza "drools"

Im very alone in this, but it will make me feel much more proud of myself knowing that I did it by myself.
  • tsign36
    tsign36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I honestly think we are all alone in some way. No one else in my house needs to be losing weight, I do so i face it alone. But, I do have hugs and kind words when I need them but this is my solo journey. Do your best to support yourself. I'll support you as well... :):flowerforyou:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    im alone doing this too, my family lives 1 hr away from me and my partners perfect lol no he just stays slim and ripped for some reason.
    ill be your support buddy
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you're not alone. I be doing this all by myself too!
  • pingalls
    pingalls Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi , Im patti. My journey started with a friend, but she quit on me. S I am doing this alone as well. If you would like you can friend me. I would love some company! :smile:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    No support here.
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am too by myself. I just want to lose about 15pounds but I would be tickled to lose 20-25. I am currently bouncing from 149 to 152 right now. My Husband claims he wants to do with me but if I do a workout video, he's done and out of the room within 5 minutes in the video(he's not really out of shape anyways). I also have a morbidly obese (she's 21 and about 300 pounds) best friend that claims she wants to lose weight and wants me to push her into it, but she has not motivation at all. I'm not going to "Make her" loose the weight either (even though I would love to but if she has no motivation she will not stick with it. I really care for her and her health).

:( Alll alone.
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Outside of MFP, I don't have anyone helping me or motivating me. It's been hard, but I'm getting through it.

I just wanted to know if there were other people in the same boat as me?!

I see people on my feed who have family and friends supporting them, and it's something I wish I had. At the same time, I know I am doing this for myself. I keep telling myself that self motivation comes first.

If you're someone that's alone, just know that I am here!

cue the sad music...................:sad:

With or without support you have to remember that you are doing this for you!! only you can do this for yourself, no one else is able to stop you putting the wrong food in your mouth or run the extra 400 meters in absolute agony, if you are doing it for someone else then chances are its going to be soo much harder! as you will always need their support...

The problem with relying on people for support is that it can be up to them to set the rules on how well you are doing and sometimes they wont truly reflect how hard you are working and how great you are going and this can be disheartening...

You need to be the one to support them!!! you are the one who is making amazing changes in your life! you need to be the one to show them how awesome you can be, and to share with them what you learn.

Do this for you
  • Maryguthrie
    Options
    i will root you on. I know you can do it
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well that's the story of my life. I've never had any "motivational people" in my life. I've always had to dig deep and find it within myself. In the end it's your life so you're the one who will either benefit from your efforts or wait for someone else to be responsible for motivating you and hope they stick to it, are good at it and are around when you need some more. Personally, I think life's too short to wait.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    The only support i have is my mfp friends. While my husband does support my efforts, our lifestyles clash a lot.

I do this for myself, as well as our son.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, we are all alone in this journey because no one can do it for us - I have to motivate myself, make myself workout, make myself choose better food options... no one can do that for me.

Make use of the support you can get here on MFP - I certainly do!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I never felt supported either but you know what? ! We don't need to have any. You can do this! You have to look after yourself.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    O_O >:( That is terrible.

NONE of us are EVER alone and I will personally be your motivational support if you need me. I volunteer to be there for you!!!!!

ALL OF YOU.

If you want a friend who is silly as all get out - encouraging and honest - a Christian - and someone who lifts heavy things and eats plenty to lose weight slowly...

Then go ahead and friend me. Being alone is unacceptable!!! Not on my watch... hmph...

ETA:

Yea sure, ultimately it IS for you - but we all fall into those emotional pitfalls, and that's when you need a friend to help get you out. Sometimes you are unsure of something and a friend can help to find a logical reason or solution.

Sure it might not be REQUIRED for weight loss, but it sure as heck makes it easier.
  • kaylagohring
    Options
    I know how you feel, My husband keeps reminding me that ''HE IS NOT ON A DIET'' He eat all kinds of junk food in front of me. I just keep eating my celery sticks and peanutbutter. I have over 80lb to go. If I can do it alone so can you. Good luck :smile:
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I have my husband who supports me, that's about it. However, just because he 'supports me' doesn't mean he won't sit there and eat an entire pizza in front of me.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have no support in the house... a husband who eats no fruits and veggies with a terrible sweet tooth, and two young adults who can eat healthy that have healthy appetites. Tracking every morsel has helped me succeed.

Find friends here to help hold you accountable. :)
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i have no support either...i am doing this with everyone on here....thats it and i love everyone here add me if u want
  • Bloodredbunny83
    Options
    Hey add me. I do have support but we are all struggling because we are all big. So the more the better and at least you have people on here so cheer up and be thankful for what you do have and the new friends . Not trying to be preachy I just felt the same way before and with this process you really do have to change your way of thinking or you won't make it. later bunny:flowerforyou:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I had no support myself and still don't.
    In the end it is up to you and what choices you make.