Hot yoga v weights

Options
My friends and I are setting up a 30 day challenge for ourselves and are torn between hot yoga and weight lifting.
Can anybody tell us which is better for weight / fat loss? We don't have time for both.
We have Cardio covered .

Thank you for all helping.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lifting is much better
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Although I really hate posts where everyone just goes 'DO LIFTING NO CARDIO' and the likes, I'm actually going to say lifting myself. Hot yoga I can imagine just dehydrates you and you wouldn't get an effective work out! I would see that as a quick fix whereas lifting will tone you up and reshape your body and burn more calories in the long run. Hot yoga is just a fad!
  • StephanieLisette
    StephanieLisette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find hot yoga to be an amazing detoxifiying exercise. I have done 30 day challenges, and they have changed my life. It is an intense experience. It's wise to invest in some electolyte powder (they likely have it at your studio). Yoga is a holistic exercise that does involve some really intense strengthening (as you must know :) Go hot yoga!! xo
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, yoga is not something you challenge yourself with for 30 days - it is something you take up and do for the rest of your life.

For a 30 day challenge I would go for weights - better still; a progressive bodyweight exercise routine.
  • ThelmaCL
    ThelmaCL Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, I'm going to go with lifting and try yoga at the weekends.