i want to lose 40 lbs in 3 months

Options
I am Brandi I am 5'0" tall and I weigh about 211 lbs. My husband and I have recently decided it was time to lose some weight. So we began the slim fast diet, we have only been doing this for three days. So far so good, the only thing I have trouble with is exercise I don't want to spend the expensive fees of a gym and treadmills are a bit expensive there is no where to really walk around my house. Does anyone have any ideas for exercise that has helped them. I want to try to lose about 40 pounds in about 3 months my family is going to carowinds boomerang bay and I would like to feel comfortable getting into a bathing suite and right now I am far from comfortable. Is 40 pounds to much or is this a reasonable goal?

Replies

• dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the rockin' body dvds by Shaun T and have lost 20lbs in a month. I also suggest Insanity and the 30 day shred. (I haven't tried either of them, but have seen amazing success stories from them.)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Brandi, go on youtube and search for the Befit channel. They post a new video every week. Start with the 30 Days shred by Jillian Michaels. Use bottles filled with water if you do not want to buy weights. I do not know if you will lose 40lbs but you can tone your body and lose a lot of weight.
  • army_wife22
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has some really great DVD's i loved her 30 days shred, i am doing ripped in 30 now and that is intense, i am getting ready to start P90x too, i know Insanity is good but i am trying to tone with the cardio that is why is chose P90x over Insanity which is focused on cardio alone.

When I didn't have the money for dumbells, i would use tomato juice cans or water bottles filled with water, resistance bands are farily inexpensive and they help keep the motion sharp when lifting.