Ideas for healthy cheat foods

Options
I am needing some ideas for a sugary/chocolate fix. I don't want to ruin my diet because I have been doing so good lately but I am human and get the craving for some treat every now and then. What do you go to when you get the craving for chocolate or goodies that are not on the plan?

Replies

• fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am needing some ideas for a sugary/chocolate fix. I don't want to ruin my diet because I have been doing so good lately but I am human and get the craving for some treat every now and then. What do you go to when you get the craving for chocolate or goodies that are not on the plan?

I'll grab a Special K or Thinsations product or I'll just eat something sweet or chocolatey.
  • calculustiger
    Options
    Are you asking for heathy cheat foods that contain chocolate/taste sugary? Or are you saying that you want a replacement food for when you are craving chocolatey/sugary foods?

I have suggestions for the latter. Though everyone is different, for me, I've learned to love clean eating and love the foods I eat. Some wonderful snacks I enjoy include:

Vegetables (frozen mainly, easier that way) with seasoning
    Small vegetable egg-white omelet
    Quinoa, spinach, tomato sauce (and sometimes a small bit of cheese mixed in)
    Oatmeal with peanut butter and jelly (I use Better'n Peanut Butter, sometimes I add a banana)
    A piece of Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin bread (sometimes just the bread itself, though not too filling so I don't eat this too often, only if I want a very quick snack while on-the-go; sometimes add peanut butter, jelly, banana)
    Chickepeas
    Edamame
    Cereal (If you can control yourself, 1 serving of cereal with a low-calorie milk, such as unsweetened almond milk, is a wonderful snack)
    Greek yogurt

If you were looking for chocolatey/sugary snacks, then you can ignore this, as I have no idea what would be a good replacement! Best of luck finding what works best for you!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh, missed the "healthy" part of that question. Doh!

Dark chocolate in small amounts isn't bad for you.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options

No necessarily healthy ;), but it is chocolaty ~ I like the sugar free fudgesicles, 40 calories a pop.

I
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Its a cheat for a reason. But i satisfy my sweet tooth with greek yogurt and granola.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    100 calorie cookie packs, yogurt, gogurt, fresh fruits, mcdonalds fruit parfait, oatmeal with fruit, v8 splash diet berry drink
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Zone chocolate mint bars do it for me. I buy the Target/Market Pantry version. High protein, basically a meal replacement or snack and tastes practically like a candy bar. My other suggestion would be one or two andes mints or a couple jelly beans. You have to be able to count them out and put them away though - handfuls will kill ya.
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    Emerald Dark Chocolate Roasted Almonds. Good lord they're delicious.
  • oldmanrivererik
    oldmanrivererik Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    cup of greek yogurt with a tea spoon of chocolate mix in it...fruit optional
    emerald almonds with coco 100 calorie pack
    100 calorie pack of special k chips or crackers
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cherry Smoothie/Milkshake

1 cup of milk (cow, almond, soy, rice...etc)
    1/2 to 1 cup of frozen cherries
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 packet of stevia in the raw or sweetener of choice

all blitzed up in the blender.

It feels like I'm having a milkshake.
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow has some wonderful chocolate candy in several varieties. Chocolate caramel, chocolate peanut butter, and dark chocolate crisp.Also, you can buy Chocolate smoothie mix and make protein smoothies for meal replacement or snacks. In addition, if you go to the local dollar store, most of them carry the Lance cookies with 4 cookies per serving. You can get 6 packs of four for one dollar. The Choco Lunch is quite good. Finally, you can have Fudgcicles or Weight Watchers have some delicious frozen desserts in the freezer section of the grocery store.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    Ghiradelli Twilight dark chocolate squares.
    1 square is like 60 calories, but it knocks your chocolate/sweet tooth out.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    fiber one chocolate brownies - 90 calories and satisfies that chocolate craving

or a hershey's dark chocolate kiss is only 22 calories. Melt five and pop some popcorn. Brush the chocolate onto popcorn - under 150 cal snack, salty and sweet, plus you can eat more popcorn if you are still hungry without killing your whole day.
  • xneonpinkx
    Options
    i will eat some frozen fruit like raspberries or mangoes, put just a teaspoon of nutella on it, maybe with some walnuts, super yummy! or a small (smalll lol, I could get easily carried away) cup of kozy shack regular rice pudding, I don't think its like super super bad for you. or one popsicle.
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I always keep a couple bananas in the freezer for such an occasion. 2 frozen bananas+dates (3 or so, pitted)+cocoa powder+ unsweetened almond milk. Blend. It's almost like chocolate ice cream
  • PinkyMouse
    PinkyMouse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dried fruits like apricots, prunes, dates. there is a high concentration of sugar but at least it is "good" sugar and they contain fibres. but do not finish the bag !!! they are highly caloric ! the hardest with that is to stop before ingesting too much calories...

if you can stand to eat only 1 or 2 pieces of chocolate, go for extra-dark chocolate a lot better than milk or white chocolate. and it contains magnesium which helps the mood.

a thin taost with honey or maple sirup. stil it is sugar, but better than lipids and bad sugar from chocolate... you can also replace the taost by a glass of milk and add the honey/sirup

but if you're like me (I cannot stop when I crave for something !)... avoid all these stuff !!!! you can cook an apple/pear in the microwave eat it like this or mix it with a fat free yogurt.

Or drink a full glass of water, put on your running shoes and go outside for a walk to change your mind :) I do that as many times as I can each time I want to eat my emotions...

Good luck, I am sure you'll find your healthy way to fix your craving :)
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate clif bars. Meal replacement full of fiber, protein and yummyness.
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    have a Hershey's kiss
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    But everything is on the plan, in moderation. I have a Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Fudge Lite. Takes a while to eat, has that great fudgecicle taste, and has 70 calories.
  • IliN82
    IliN82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Fage 0% greek yogurt + Pink lady apple + cinnamon +granola = heaven! Very filling and satisfies my sweet tooth.