Giving up

Options
Why is it I push myself so hard only to fail? I want to just give up. My body image has gotten worse. So bad that I am trying to get out of a photoshoot for my new job that every employee has to be in for the website...fml

Replies

• anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. But I feel like I could give up or I can keep trying. I'm NOT A PERFECT PERSON (and, sorry to say dear, neither are you. nor is anyone in the world).

I know that I'M GOING TO F-CK UP every once in a while (I f-ck up a lot, actually).
    I think the ultimate f-ck up is giving up, though.

Every f-ck up I have is a learning experience. I used to binge and think "why the hell is this happening to me??" Then after a few f-ck ups I learned that I shouldn't get too tired. I should journal to express my feelings (because I'm a goddamn sensitive mutherf-cker). I shouldn't keep thinking that I'm only going to be happy if I'm thin. F-ck, I was thin - size f-cking zero because I restricted my calories and was starving myself to death. And, you know what? That was the worst time of my life. I was miserable. Crying in the shower, in the fetal position - super mentally unstable and ready to end my awesome life, miserable. (I learned from that era of my life, that BEING THIN DOES NOT EQUAL HAPPINESS).

Ranting aside. Don't give up. Giving up is for *kitten*. You're not a f-cking p-ssy.
    Make the goal to be happy, not just to lose weight.
    And remember to keep going. Life is going to suck sometimes. Sometimes it'll suck a lot. Just look forward to tomorrow and follow that "one step at a time" bullcrap.
  • dawsonlee12
    dawsonlee12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. You are just having a bad day/moment/situation.
    You have been successful, hold on to that and know that you can do this!
    If you do not have some friends online, can I gently suggest you friend request some.
    if I did not have the friends I have on mfp, I would have given up they lift me up and keep me motivated, even when I have gone on a wine bender and then pigged out on junk food the next day.
    They always tell me to just start fresh tomorrow and keep on trying.
    Be gentle with yourself OK, this is hard work.
    Please friend request me if you like.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Really? Stop the pity party. There are real problems in the world. According to your ticker you need to lose 15 pounds. I had to lose 200. You can do this.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Really? Stop the pity party. There are real problems in the world. According to your ticker you need to lose 15 pounds. I had to lose 200. You can do this.

Seriously, OP! Besides, you look lovely if that's you in your profile photo. Do the photoshoot, stop being a tool. :flowerforyou:
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    You need to push on and lose what you need to. I sent you a friend request so please accept as I have a gift for encouraging and supporting others. If you want to push forward you need to be positive and push on and I'm here to support and encourage you.
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I'm going through the same thing today.

I don't seem to be able to lose any more weight and I'm yoyoing between a couple of pounds but I'm only really on week two which is renowned for being the most difficult time to see further results. Even so, I'm finding it difficult to keep focused and not give up and binge on the crisps I have in the cupboard!

Just keep visualising where you want to get to in your weight loss goals and silently repeat to yourself that you can do it, because you can!!! look how many people on MFP have lost amazing amounts of weight and didn't think they'd get there.

No one got to where they want to be by giving up. Re-confirming your goals and how you're going to get there can really help in getting you back on track, it usually works for me!
  • goal_digger_2014
    Options
    I want to give up as well because I already physically have. I log in my calories because something inside of me says "you will do better tommorrow...." is that tommorrow ever coming????
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have been kind. To those being *kitten*: I have more than 15 to lose, but I don't try to lose itin one big chunkn. So be careful what you say.

Thanks everyone else for encouragement.