What if Your Boss Tracked Your Sleep, Diet, and Exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Would that mean they could see 'activity!!' At night. I take my BMF off as I think that is just too weird.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What about how much cocaine we do?

j/k
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If it was purely a research thing, like you only had to do it for a month then I'd be ok with it. If it was a permanent thing, then it would just be weird...
    "Jerry on floor 5, cubicle 18 has started smoking again. And he ate pizza twice this week. And he got an hours more sleep than required last night. Keep him on observation, he might start dropping in his productivity."
    "Tina has stopped drinking alcohol in the week. And she's started lifting weights. But her carb intake is too high. Send someone to have a word with her."
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    How would they measure what are "healthy" habits and what are unhealthy? There are a lot of different opinions out there as evidenced by these boards - low calorie, low fat, 40 30 30, eating at or below TDEE, etc etc. Would those netting under 1200 and working out be penalised? Would those eating tons of protein packed calories to bulk be penalised?

I think this could be very unfair. Once again, thank goodness for the NHS!!!
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If it was purely a research thing, like you only had to do it for a month then I'd be ok with it.

Yeah, & done by a 3rd party (university, or government), with sufficient anonymization of info.

This would yield some amazing insights (even if at the level of description or correlation), though, if it were done for a couple of decades. And I would LOVE to have this kind of data on myself.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If it was purely a research thing, like you only had to do it for a month then I'd be ok with it.

Yeah, & done by a 3rd party (university, or government), with sufficient anonymization of info.

This would yield some amazing insights (even if at the level of description or correlation), though, if it were done for a couple of decades. And I would LOVE to have this kind of data on myself.

I think it's called an algorithm (a mathematical equation designed to find a pattern, usually used to predict future patterns. If someone could develop an algorithm that they needed to prove, I would certainly volunteer! I would give my decades to science to help future generations :drinker: