Calorie intake help

Options
Basically I've lost 30odd lbs and I think I look fine, my BMR is now within a healthy range and I feel better about myself. I still have a little fat around my chest and abdominal region which I was hoping to lose a bit of by reaching my target weight of 12stone exactly.

I'm 18 and 6ft 0inches tall, 175lbs, and have been eating around 1500cals a day with Saturday being my cheat meal/takeaway without fail weekly - i would have continued in this manner, only my mum keeps saying I look skinny etc and its starting to get to me - am I doing something wrong? I don't feel hungry or anything, I just wondered if I'm an unhealthy weight etc.

BMR, TDEE, RMR I all find confusing as activity levels vary week on week...

Replies

• Charlie_Hooper
    Charlie_Hooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mothers always says their kids look skinny when they lose weight. Your BMI is 23 which is ok, not unhealthy. I wouldnt worry about your mum's comments, she's not used to seeing you at a normal weight so she thinks it's skinny because she only has a larger you for comparison.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mothers always says their kids look skinny when they lose weight. Your BMI is 23 which is ok, not unhealthy. I wouldnt worry about your mum's comments, she's not used to seeing you at a normal weight so she thinks it's skinny because she only has a larger you for comparison.

I agree with you, my mother said me always that and when I gained some weight, she said me that I looked better now!...cuec!