Help I need a diet buddy or two (88lbs left to loose)

Hi everyone,

I really need one or two people in a similar situation to me to be a diet buddy.

I am your typical yo-yo dieter with over-eating and regular binges thrown in. I started this new phase of dieting about 18 months ago and my goal was to loose 122lbs.

I succesfully lost around 70lbs of it with about another 42lb to go. But unfortunately I hit a bad patch with losing a job and sustaining a knee injury and although I found a new job I am so unhappy. I turned to my old 'friend' (or enemy depending on how you look at it) food and started to comfort eat and binge again. I have now put on some much of the weight and now have 88lbs.

My bad habits are spiraling out of control, I am not and have not enjoyed the food I am binging on for the longest time, but seem incapable of stopping myself. I need help and fast before I gain it all back.

So if there is anyone out there that could please friend me I would appreciate it. Although I am not great at supporting myself right now, I am a good support for other people so if you equally need help and support this would be ideal.

Thanks everyone - have a great day :-)

Replies

• MaggieJoanna1972
    MaggieJoanna1972 Posts: 2 Member
    i would love to be your buddy...
    i too are having rough times and gained allot of weight...
    :flowerforyou:
  • I sent you a friend request so please accept because I'm willing to support and encourage you.
  • Thank you - I have just accepted your Friends request!
  • feel free to add me as well :-)

I have 80lbs to lose x
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    I'm sorry for what you're going through. Not many people can say they've lost as much as you have. I certainly can't! I have 25 lbs left to lose and would love to be your buddy!
  • Thank you - I have added you both as well! I didn't actually expect so many people to reply so quickly - I really do appreciate it!
  • sloanranger55
    sloanranger55 Posts: 108 Member
    Hiya my name is jo, I am 57rs young but feel 100, I have 50+ lbs to lose and also have a bad knee, that hinders my exercise but i try to plod on. I eat many times during the day when i am not in the slightest bit hungey

If you think we have some things in common feel free to get in touch

You cand do this, as our cheryl says, we are worth it.

Jo x
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm about half way to my goal but I'm currently housebound due to illness so am currently not trying to lose weight but am still logging my food, I'm awaiting surgery to remove part of my kidney. I also have PCOS and take metformin to help with that.

I believe in being able to eat what you like in moderation so I try and stick around my calories/carbs and fat. I was a yo-yo dieter/had an eating disorder when I was younger - I wouldn't eat every day and days I did I would eat around 600 calories. I now know how stupid that was and eating like that for years did me more bad than good, I gained weight mainly when I first became ill and I wasn't very active mixed with my earlier eating problems which also caused hormonal problems (In the back of my head I believe the benign tumour may have caused by eating so little and messing up my hormones). I've finally straightened myself out and eat a lot more than I have for the last decade but have still managed to lose half the weight I need to. Even now I'm not active I'm eating around 1800 and not gaining.

So it sounds like we may have been through similar things if I can help you to even yourself out I would be happy to although I should mention I've been a vegetarian for 13 years so I don't know whether you were looking for food ideas or just support? I'll leave it up to you!
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    I don't fit the description, but I am an over-motivator. You can add me if you like!
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I am a classic yo-yo dieter. I've been all the way down to 140 and then up to 255. Every time I lose 20 pounds, I gain 30. If I lose 50, I gain back 80. I currently have over 100 to lose.
    I accept all friend requests. :flowerforyou: Who doesn't need more friends??
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Would love to be your buddie add me!!!
  • thenewkayla08
    thenewkayla08 Posts: 32 Member
    I've yo-yoed myself but not this time! I'm here to finish it! I have 100+ to lose and will be here to support any new friends :) everyone and anybody can add me!
  • Brilliant thanks everyone, I have added you all - looks like I have built myself a support network, not just one or two friends lol! This is already making me feel more motivated to get back on the wagon - yay! :-D
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    count me in! I had lost 40lbs before changing states and moving in with my bf in early 2011. By the end of 2012 i had gained it back plus another 10lbs. Now I've been getting back on the healthy wagon. He now wants to join the Navy which means he needs to lose weight (started with 90lbs) and work on the fitness requirements. We are supporting one another in it now which is HUGE and very helpful. I've also found that MFP is a great network for added support from those also on this journey.
  • Whoops sorry pandabear7486 didnt see you had already told me your story here! Good to have you as a friend though - thanks again for the add!