Walden Farms Products?

Options
257_Lag
257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
I picked up an Alfredo Sauce in the store yesterday out of curiosity. 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 200 sodium per 1/4 cup. How is that possible? I was most interested in the low sodium part.

Anyway, it wasn't great, I didn't expect it to be but it sure as heck wasn't bad!

So this morning I looked up Walden Farms and they have a crapload of 0,0,0 low sodium products.

I have been going about 90% whole foods and not crazy about things I can't pronounce but I am not opposed to some 0 calorie flavor every now and again.

I am curious if anybody has experience with this brand?

Replies

• Kevintron2
    Kevintron2 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use their pancake syrup, ketchup, and spicy BBQ sauce. Their pancake syrup is thick and just like the real deal!! :)
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    I picked up an Alfredo Sauce in the store yesterday out of curiosity. 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 200 sodium per 1/4 cup. How is that possible? I was most interested in the low sodium part.

Anyway, it wasn't great, I didn't expect it to be but it sure as heck wasn't bad!

So this morning I looked up Walden Farms and they have a crapload of 0,0,0 low sodium products.

I have been going about 90% whole foods and not crazy about things I can't pronounce but I am not opposed to some 0 calorie flavor every now and again.

I am curious if anybody has experience with this brand?

So. What IS in this stuff?

From the looks of it, it's a bunch of chemicals and fiber. Yuck.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine what the ingredient list looks like, for that to be 0 calorie. Also, I believe that everything that has under 5 calories per serving can be marketed as 0 calorie, but don't quote me on that.
    So I would stay away from it, because it's most likely just some chemical paste that taste like crap.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I've never believed their stats. I do like the Thousand Island dressing, but count it as 20 cals per serving. Every other product of theirs I've tried was....Not Good.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i have tried their toffee sauce and their pancake sauce and have to say i enjoyed them both! (mix 2 spoons into my breakfast oatmeal)
    have ordered the honey bbq sauce from amazon to try. :happy:
  • adrienne0906
    adrienne0906 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    currently have an almost-full tub of their caramel dip, which i wanted to use for dipping apple slices. its ok for one or two bites, but after that....tastes like plastic or metallic or something. i might attempt baking with it...
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I bought the peanut spread out of curiosity. Vile. Absolutely vile. Tasted lie salty play dough with a weird gelatinous mousse-like texture.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I refuse to use anything on pancakes other than real maple syrup. LOL Of course, it's free for me because my Dad makes it, but I would much rather have a little bit of the "real" stuff than more of fake stuff.

I get weirded out by stuff that is 0 everything (except stuff that is naturally that way - water) because then I wonder what *is* it made of?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I read the ingredients and there's nothing in it. Just "flavor". :huh:

Honestly I'd rather have something that has calories AND sustenance to it. What's wrong with regular old pasta sauce made with tomatoes and . . . tomatoes? Make a big batch of it at home and freeze it.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just to put this to rest... it's not a bad product. Yes there are trace calories but not enough to log because you will burn them in a few minutes anyway. But anyway... here's a pic of the label for the Spicy BBQ Sauce (which I love)... decide for yourself.

IMAG0021.jpg
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    The reviews for the peanut spread on Amazon are hilarious, someone posted 'this will be the only peanut butter they serve in hell'. Hahahahaha.

Seriously though, theyve taken the ingredients lists off amazing now, nothing is made from real things.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The reviews for the peanut spread on Amazon are hilarious, someone posted 'this will be the only peanut butter they serve in hell'. Hahahahaha.

Seriously though, theyve taken the ingredients lists off amazing now, nothing is made from real things.

:laugh:
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thousand Island is good, but it also makes me wonder HOW they made it so low cal....
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I bought the Mayo it went in the garbage - PUKE!!! The worst tasting thing I ever had!
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I use their bacon ranch salad dressing. A lot of flavor in just a half serving. Just enough to turn bland boring leaves into something different.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bought a salad dressing yesterday (honey vinaigrette) and some honey dijon. SO DISGUSTING. too sweet and tastes like chemicals. cannot get the taste out of my mouth.. i cant believe how many people i see on instagram who think this brand is "clean". ITS NOT. ITS JUNK
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    the choc peanut butter spread went in the bin....along with the pomegranate mayo....absolutely vile chemical tasting stuff!:sick: