How long till you noticed a difference in your body?

Options
I always start a new healthy eating and excerise plan but soon give up because I haven't seen a difference. So how many days/weeks/months till you started noticing a difference in your body and fit of your clothes?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Weight loss for me, about two weeks.
    Muscle building for me, about two weeks.

So about two weeks.

I suggest taking pictures to review your progress. Since losing fat is a slow process (done correctly) and since you see yourself every single day, it's tough to see the small differences on a daily basis.

Review month by month pictures.
  • hayleyxx93
    hayleyxx93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates like crazy because I tend to retain water. I can struggle with a pair of jeans one day only to have then to fit the next day... and then within a few days they will fit tightly again.

That said, if I walk every day, eat sensibly drink more water and cut out salty stuff I definitely notice a difference in the way my clothing fits within a week, and in the mirror in about two weeks.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the size you are to begin with. I think you should notice within about 4 weeks some changes. I've been going for 90 days and I would say it has been really noticeable to me in the past month.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Only a few days. Other people started commenting less than a week from when I started. I was already a "healthy" weight to begin so it showed more quickly on me.
  • magsxx
    magsxx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I find i notice a difference after i loose a stone. Then i feel stuck until i loose another half stone :) thats when people start to comment on my weight loss. stick at it and it won't be long til you notice your clothes fitting better
  • NadiaSAKloof
    NadiaSAKloof Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been going about 10 days and I THINK I can JUST start feeling a difference in my clothes, but not sure if it is wishful thinking!!! LOL
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have just now been really noticing the change, and I have been doing this since January. Others have said things earlier than this, but I myself didn't start seeing it until recently.
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    It takes 4 weeks to see a change, 8 weeks for family, 12 weeks for the world.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Weightloss within two weeks.
    Body composition changes about 4-6 weeks lifting heavy 3-4 times a week with cardio here and there.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it usually happens around my 30 lb loss. I start to notice at 20 lbs little things, but at 30 other people will comment on my progress.
  • flojoe
    flojoe Posts: 1
    Options
    Normally a few days, but I have only started using this, so see how it goes :smile:
  • Pixie_star1234
    Pixie_star1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    well, I am a healthy (according to my BMI) size for my height so it took me 3 months almost to see anything. And a year to see a big difference. DON'T GIVE UP!!! I won't this time.
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=c1BxxfrRrkdXAM&tbnid=mhl7RtEWCpA72M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aprettyrock.com%2Fmotivation-wednesday-noticing-changes%2F&ei=PN9vUeC8ItGl0wWyy4HABQ&bvm=bv.45368065,d.d2k&psig=AFQjCNE_t6Bh3BBi28avzRvv9Nhxg4uINw&ust=1366372526607992
  • mrsteapot812
    mrsteapot812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I had lost inches about 6 days in. After 6 days, I had also lost 3 pounds! I think it depends on your workout and diet regime and if you stick with it! PIctures are a great way to track progress because mirrors are so unreliable! :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    After 3 1/2 months and 1 1/2 stone its definitely noticeable now - clothes are a lot looser (some are even too big!!!:drinker: ) and my shape has definitely changed - hubs comment regularly hw he can see a difference, especially in back fat (back boobs almost gone!) stomach (reduced) and legs (toned). But even after half a stone peope did comment - a lot depends on how you carry your weight (a lot of people didn't think I "needed" to lose weight) and also your clothes - do you wear things as tight as you can get away with, or prefer a looser fit?

As others have said, take pics NOW and again every month. Then when you reach your goal you will really see the difference - even on a monthly basis there is not much difference between each month, but visible between first and last in the series.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It totally depends on the person! I am 6'1" so I have to lose more before I see it because it is spread over my tall frame. Also the last time I lost weight I only changed my diet (no exercise) I lost 30lbs but only saw a small difference. This time I am changing the way I eat and doing a lot of cardio and some strength training and I've lost 24lbs so far and wow big difference!! The exercise really helped me "see" the difference! I started to really notice after a couple weeks. Don't give up! You will "see" the difference! Be patient! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Last year a dress I have fit a little too tight around april time frame but by the end of august when I wore it again it was fitting well and thats when I truely noticed at that time a 15lb loss. I think it depends on the person and their mindset, lifestyle and others around them.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it's been a month, I can see a big difference in the narrowest part of my waist, under the ribs, but I probably lost that the first week, maybe 2 weeks in, I almost feel like those inches lost don't even count. as soon as my diet improved so that I was less bloated, and not retaining water, my belly shrank, so it's not fat loss. but just doing that I feel 110% healthier.
    but it doesn't show in really anything i'm wearing, and although some of my family, not the people that see me everyday, can see a difference I think I still look the same. It might be months before I really look any different.
  • Gworkmanii
    Gworkmanii Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any changes for the first three or so. I just kept track of the what I was losing. Then after my third week I could really see some changes with my clothes and how they fit. Also I could see it a little in the mirror. I wish I would have took pictures ever week so I could really see the changes. I have started to do that now.