weight same body shape changing? Share your pics

Options
McWooey
McWooey Posts: 61 Member
Hey All,

I just wanted to invite you all to share your stories and pics if their similar to mine. I joined MFP last year after starting personal training. my weight was about 105lbs - in no ways huge, however I was hugely out of proportion for my 5"2 height and small body frame and was holding the bulk of my weight on my hips - A total pear shape!. due to chronic sinusitis and being on a steroid nasal spray from April 2012 I seemed too actually be putting on weight even though my shape was changing, then recurrent colds (about 5 in the space of 3 months, my immune system was just crap!) meant I wasn't training well, and after a 2 week hol to Canada I was the heaviest I'd ever been since starting training and was 118lbs.

I am a UK size 6/8 in tops but bottoms were near enough size 12 for a time, I was very aware of the 'muffin tops' hanging over my trousers and got so self conscious, so I started to try and fight through the sinus trouble. thankfully after a long discussion with my singing tutor in January 2013 I self treated my sinus issues using antihistamines for 2 weeks in a heavier dosage at night. since doing this I am off all medication for sinus and haven't had any recurring problems, I've also started vitamins to combat recurrent colds and am getting back to fitness.

I have come to the conclusion my body is settling around the 113-115lbs mark, as it never fluctuates beyond that - and I'm happy at this weight, now I'm just focusing on changing my shape - I wanted to post some comparisons pics between feb 2013 and this week (April 2013) purely because I didn't get the opportunity to do as much as Id hoped exercise wise in March but I can still see massive improvements - I am heading on a cruise in August with my better half and desperately want to get my body bikini ready, the pics only show my midsection however the next challenge is slimming my thighs - hope to update this post with pics of them when there's a change too!

I hope all of you can share your own stories too!, I'm so thankfully to have an MFP family supporting me and feel free to add me if you want some encouragement and support yourself

xx Nat

1366206315196_zps3cdbb2d3.jpg

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great work.... Beautiful curves.:flowerforyou:
  • McWooey
    Options
    Great work.... Beautiful curves.:flowerforyou:

gosh thank you so much! xx
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :smile:
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow!

The amount of change your body went through in just two/three months is pretty incredible! :)

You look great!
  • kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What is your fitness regime? I am similar hight to you and also a classic pear shape uk size 8/10 on top but a 12 on the bottom, i've just started the 30 day shred to try and tone up the thighs and mid section before holiday in August.
  • McWooey
    Options
    What is your fitness regime? I am similar hight to you and also a classic pear shape uk size 8/10 on top but a 12 on the bottom, i've just started the 30 day shred to try and tone up the thighs and mid section before holiday in August.

Hi Kellster111,

over the course of Feb - March I was doing on average of 3 personal training sessions a week (1 with my instructor and 2 on my own) trying to fit in doing the JM Killer buns and Thighs DVD at home where possible, however between having the cold twice over this time and being so busy I didnt get as much chance to workout at home as I wanted. so honestly it was the three sessions generally and alot of walking and running about (not gym related) My PT routine at that time was very focused on high reps with low weights and low weights with higher reps, and there was alot of lunges, squats, and core work. the exercise that I have noticed that really helps my sides is cable rotations. this is using the rubber cable attached to bar in gym, and standing side on with legs spread shoulder width a apart I would pull the cable form one side and rotate my waist 180 degrees so the cable was stretched to the other side - the key is to keep your arms straight out in front of you at all times . its seems so easy but really burns the sides. the key is to look straight ahead whilst your midsection does all the movement! my new routine doesnt have this exerciuse in it but ive decided to just add it in when Im training on my own!

good luck with your tone up!!
    I
  • McWooey
    Options
    would also love to hear if anyone else has been having the same fitness story where they dont lose so many lbs but shape is changing!!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Great job! I'm also one of those people where my weight hasn't changed much, but my body definitely has. I started lifting two months ago and have lost several inches, but only a few pounds. You can see the difference in my profile pictures.
  • McWooey
    Options
    thanks so much, it used to stress me that I was being quite controlling about my diet and working out but not losing poinds, now Ive accepted I can enjoy food, just eat junk in extreme moderation and focus now on targeting my problem areas!
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am heavier than you, however I seem to be experiencing the same thing. In the last two months, I have only lost 2-3 lbs. However, in the same time frame, I have lost a total of 5 inches, and dropped a little over 1% of body fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!