idently crisis NSV

Options
icimani
icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
There have been a lot of changes in my life recently, with my weight loss being one of the big ones. So much so that I've been having this quasi-identity crisis lately.
- My fingers and toes look longer. Last summer's shoes that were my go-to favorites no longer fit. I lost a ring that I'd had for 10 years or so because it slipped of my finger (into my garbage on pick-up day I think).
- I'm between sizes in pants right now - my current ones are getting really baggy, but the next lower size is still a bit snug so I'm waiting.
- I've always worn baggy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc, probably to hide my body. But I find myself looking for things that fit rather than hang, and things in different colors than the basic balck, blue, white, and sometimes red.
- I look in the mirror now and can see some definition in my jawline, cheeks, eye ridges etc.
- I run my hand down my upper arm or my legs and can feel some muscle definition.

The latest happened the other night when I was geting ready to go swimming. I looked down and could no longer see my stomach over my breasts.

It's all just weird. Who is this person I'm becoming?

It's all good and for the better - just a lot of changes. And I think it's yet another reason why losing at a slower rate is healthier, meaning mentally/emotionally healthier, especailly if you have a lot to lose.

Replies

• NPAdamsPope
    Options
    :smile:
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: sorry smilies required.

This person is YOU, you've achieved this :flowerforyou: you'll be used to it quicker than you think.

Well done great woman!
  • PlaysLikeAGirl
    PlaysLikeAGirl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This makes me so happy, friend! Keep that list coming!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: sorry smilies required.

This person is YOU, you've achieved this :flowerforyou: you'll be used to it quicker than you think.

Well done great woman!

This! Awesome loss ^___^ and it's so great to read this in the morning (for me) :D
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    There have been a lot of changes in my life recently, with my weight loss being one of the big ones. So much so that I've been having this quasi-identity crisis lately.
    - My fingers and toes look longer. Last summer's shoes that were my go-to favorites no longer fit. I lost a ring that I'd had for 10 years or so because it slipped of my finger (into my garbage on pick-up day I think).
    - I'm between sizes in pants right now - my current ones are getting really baggy, but the next lower size is still a bit snug so I'm waiting.
    - I've always worn baggy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc, probably to hide my body. But I find myself looking for things that fit rather than hang, and things in different colors than the basic balck, blue, white, and sometimes red.
    - I look in the mirror now and can see some definition in my jawline, cheeks, eye ridges etc.
    - I run my hand down my upper arm or my legs and can feel some muscle definition.

The latest happened the other night when I was geting ready to go swimming. I looked down and could no longer see my stomach over my breasts.

It's all just weird. Who is this person I'm becoming?

It's all good and for the better - just a lot of changes. And I think it's yet another reason why losing at a slower rate is healthier, meaning mentally/emotionally healthier, especailly if you have a lot to lose.

:heart: this... U can tell you're SO proud of yourself and happy, as U should be... Congrats!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!! :smile:
  • reneewill
    reneewill Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You really are making this a lifestyle change and it is showing. Your post really made me think and Im wondering if I dont sometimes sabotage myself from succeeding. hmmmmmm Well...congratulations to you! You really are an inspiration and you deserve to look and feel good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!