L Carnitine, BCAA's and etc

Options
which vitamins or supplements are you taking? why are you taking them? and have they helped?

Replies

• projectbam
    Options
    hey,
    i take a scoop of BCAA's (leucine/ isoleucine and valine) and
    i take a multi-vit in the morning loaded with Vitamin C and i take a Cod Liver Oil + Calcium tablet

i take an all-in-one protein shake after exercise and
    i take a multi-vit/ immune support in the evening after dinner :)

and i take a Supp by LA Muscle called Norateen (a natural Test Booster) 3 x a day.

The Multi-Vits, i like to think have helped support my health in that i cannot remember the last time i had a cold or flu.
    The BCAA's and all-in-one protein shake, i like to think have helped support strength and muscle gains and i'm pretty damn sure have eased the usual DOMS i used to get after particularly heavy and hard weights sessions.
    And the T booster i like to think has given me an added boost in that i can go harder and longer than i used to in the gym and i think has helped me push past what i considered a strength (and weight/ ie. not being able to gain) plateau.

A
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    NOT L-carnitine, that's for sure.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options

Why not?
  • vanessawaw
    vanessawaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Why not?

yess?? why nott?? :(
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Cod Liver for Omegas and Vit A and D
    CoQ10 for expression
    B12 for Expression
    BCAAs for LBM maintenance while cutting
    Creatine Mono with Apple juice for the extra oomph
    N-Pept 10 for focus (will be switching to ALCAR after this)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Waste of time... or probably better phrased, waste of money. Every study I've seen on it shows that the effects of it taken orally are non existent and subcutaneously or intramuscularly are negligible.

ETA: There have been some brain health benefits shown I believe, but most people don't take it for that. I have heard more people taking ALCAR as another poster just mentioned for brain benefits.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/11-super-side-effects-from-taking-l-carnitine.html

Mainly looking at the foods that contain it. I don't like the fact he doesn't reference any studies to back up his writing.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Waste of time... or probably better phrased, waste of money. Every study I've seen on it shows that the effects of it taken orally are non existent and subcutaneously or intramuscularly are negligible.

ETA: There have been some brain health benefits shown I believe, but most people don't take it for that. I have heard more people taking ALCAR as another poster just mentioned for brain benefits.

I've also heard CoQ10 as well for brain benefits.