Very Frustrated!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Eshades
    Eshades Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try to also eat more meals a day. Eating every few hours will help keep your metabolism going!! Smaller meals more often is the key!!

Provided you are consuming the same amount of calories overall in a day, one meal or 6 won't make a difference.

OP, if your BMR is slightly over 2000 calories... I would net 2000 cals a day. My BMR is slightly under 1600 calories. I net at least 1600 cals a day and lose.

Agreed. Meal timing will not affect metabolism. However frequent meals may keep you in check through out the day. They don't for me. I felt like I was obsessing over food trying to make sure I ate something every 3 hours. It made me not want to even be around food let alone eat it. I do 3 meals and a protein shake on lifting days and on cardio days 3 meals and a pre workout snack. 106 lbs lost thus far and I NET 1600 cals per day meaning I eat anywhere from 1800-2200 cals gross depending on that day's workout. It really does work but you have to have patience and diligence!

CONGRATIONS on your 106lbs! Thats amazing =)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Try to also eat more meals a day. Eating every few hours will help keep your metabolism going!! Smaller meals more often is the key!!

Provided you are consuming the same amount of calories overall in a day, one meal or 6 won't make a difference.

OP, if your BMR is slightly over 2000 calories... I would net 2000 cals a day. My BMR is slightly under 1600 calories. I net at least 1600 cals a day and lose.

Agreed. Meal timing will not affect metabolism. However frequent meals may keep you in check through out the day. They don't for me. I felt like I was obsessing over food trying to make sure I ate something every 3 hours. It made me not want to even be around food let alone eat it. I do 3 meals and a protein shake on lifting days and on cardio days 3 meals and a pre workout snack. 106 lbs lost thus far and I NET 1600 cals per day meaning I eat anywhere from 1800-2200 cals gross depending on that day's workout. It really does work but you have to have patience and diligence!

CONGRATIONS on your 106lbs! Thats amazing =)

Thank you! As we all know it's not easy, I still have bad days and moments but it's worth it! Good luck, I hope you get it all balanced!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY!! I feel like all I do is eat, think about eating, plan eating because I have been doing the 5 meals a day thing!

I used to do the whole eat three meals and snacks thing until I too became far too obsessed with food and eating every so many hours. I now go based on how I"m feeling. When I feel hungry I drink water... if I am still hungry after a few minutes I will eat something. Some days I will eat 8 times a day... some days two. If at the end of the day I am really below calories but not super hungry I will have something small that is high in calories to fill the gap.