Weekend Bingers!

Options
Tenster
Tenster Posts: 278 Member
I monitor and record my calories all week and I have discovered a trend.....My calories dramatically shooting up on a Saturday, this is due to a huge cheat meal then continual snacking on sweet things! I usually eat around 1700 calories a day at the moment due to cutting weight for the summer however on a Saturday my calories usually come in at above 5000! This is over 2x more than a normal day’s food intake!

I was just curious if other people have similar habits. I will never progress if I carry on like this.

Regards

Ryan

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    this is pretty much what happens to me. it doesn't help that i don't eat back exercise calories and usually do a 2-4 hour bike ride on saturdays. really knocks up the caloric intake, especially if you throw a binge (or binge drinking) on top of it.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    me...
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    mine wouldn't be 3x my normal intake, but would probably be an extra 500-1000 unhealthy cals.

You need to spoil yourself and be human in my opinion! I hadn't seen any progress in a while and I think my fat weekend has kicked my body into action because I have started to nose (can see visually for SURE on my stomach).

Don't bash yourself up over it - if your profile pic is telling the truth, you're doing just fine
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink my calories on weekends... Something I am really trying to work on.
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do this allot. Even at night after work. Trying to stop this habit.
  • bobbs1
    bobbs1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    every weekend all weekend ha thought i was actually perhaps the only one, who drinks alcohol and eats rubbish at the weekend. however i do try to be very good mid week to make up for what i do at the weekend.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I monitor and record my calories all week and I have discovered a trend.....My calories dramatically shooting up on a Saturday, this is due to a huge cheat meal then continual snacking on sweet things! I usually eat around 1700 calories a day at the moment due to cutting weight for the summer however on a Saturday my calories usually come in at above 5000! This is over 2x more than a normal day’s food intake!

I was just curious if other people have similar habits. I will never progress if I carry on like this.

Regards

Ryan

Ryan, if you feel like you can't make progress with these weekend binges, why do you have them? Why not bring your calories up a bit each day so that you aren't tempted to go nuts on the weekends?

Honestly I think that even while in a 'cut' your calories are too low at 1700, and your weekend increases are probably HELPING you more than anything.
  • ehardy1103
    ehardy1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ohhh me too... do great during week.. walk.. 1200 cal... then the weekend...:(
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink my calories on weekends... Something I am really trying to work on.

^Me too. Trying to cut back because I know I would lose faster if I laid off the vodka on Sat nights. Plus it just makes you eat crappier the next day :drinker:
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I certainly do and its been a MAJOR stumbling block! It comes from me not planning and properly preparing my weekend meals as I do during the week! :-(
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I tend to indulge on the weekend, and just the fact that all structure is gone. I wake up later, laze around the house a couple hours, tend to have a bigger breakfast. This is when I drink the wine bottle, go out and have a 'cheat' day, all the while having good intentions of "making up for it" at the gym on Sunday, which I don't do because I"m bagged from Friday evening and Saturday mistakes, which makes it all the more difficult to get back on track... by Monday I realize I'm moving slower, having a hard time wanting to exercise and sets my whole goal set back a bit. I'm trying to change this habit now that I know it exists and make plans with someone else to meet at the gym on Saturday at an early hour to make sure I get out of the rut.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Weekends are definitely harder for me:( Hate to say that I'm starting to dread the weekends a bit because of more opportunities to overeat. I'm afraid that tempation to give into my cravings (fast food and a couple beer) are going to get the best of me. I need to convince myself that this is kind of a crazy mentality because weekends should be easier for me....more opportunity to do fun activities to keep active!

I don't really have any advice but wish you luck. Hope this weekend is good for you...and me too:)
  • HallerFitness
    Options
    Happens to me too. Life is short. If I want a beer or 5, then I plan on enjoying it. But I don't live in sloth mode. The next day I wake up and try and do something healthy and get back on track. Nothing wrong with eating out and drinking unless you are going to beat yourself up so much that it's not even worth it. Lame.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying on track on the weekends as well since this is the only time I see my boyfriend and I'm either cooking something really good for him, or we're going out to eat. I still try to make healthy choices but I tend to eat a bit more and never log it bc it's usually something I threw together by adding random ingredients or from a restaurant that has no nutrional info.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always have a harder time on weekends. My husband is home, and he LIVES on anything and everything bad for you. Definitely harder to stay on track. :frown:
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Binge weekends depend on what I"m dong. If I am home, I eat healthy and all things are good. If we are traveling or at the in-laws, I can kiss my weekend good bye, because it will be mostly restaurant food or Italian cooking. And let's not forget the wine!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My plan to is to make a Saturday morning workout mandatory and even though Sunday is my rest day, do some kind of light cardio or fun activity like walking or playing frisbee with my son.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I find that weekend bingers lead to weekend binges ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=binger
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    So hard on the weekends when everybody else has a few beers. Wish I wouldn't get hungry!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah, happens to me too. The main reason is because I don't plan my meals well enough, so I end up snacking alot and then eating unhealthy meals (even if one is a planned treat).
    This is something that I'm trying to get under control.