Diet Fitness Profile

Options
So, what do you set yours to?

Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)

Lightly Active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesman)

Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Very Active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

It's difficult to scrutinize my lifestyle on the vague examples above. I sit at a desk job, only getting up a few times a day for 8-10 hours. But, I also work out (weight training) about 3-5 times a week for 60-90 min afterwards. This wasn't an issue before, but now that I'm getting closer to desired BF% (wanting 10-13%, around 17%), I'm updating my profile to smooth out road bumps.

Describe why you chose your activity level!

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I put mine on sedentary, then figured my calorie requirements using IPOARM using the correct activity modifier based on my exercise level (5x/wk) and set my MFP goals using the "custom" option.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm a desk jockey also, in IT. The only time I get up is bathroom breaks and coffee runs (to the cafetaria), but I also work out 3-4x/week, weights and cardio, even getting some kettlebells in. I'd rather underestimate my activity and overestimate my calories. So I set my activity level to sedentary.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a sedentary job but average exercise about 5 days a week (30+) min each time.
    So, I custom set my goals to reflect tdee.
    My tdee is 1684 at sedentary but something like 1900 at factoring in exercise so I dropped my calorie intake to reflect 1500 so that I am at a defecit. I also changed my settings to 40/30/30 and removed sugar because with the fruit I eat, it spikes.. and I don't care.
    With this set up I am not supposed to eat back my exercise calories because it is already factored in!
    We shall see how it goes
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I put mine on sedentary, then figured my calorie requirements using IPOARM using the correct activity modifier based on my exercise level (5x/wk) and set my MFP goals using the "custom" option.

I'm just getting into the IPOARM spreadsheet, but, I'm at work, so can't whip out the measuring tape.

I'll try this when I get home or tomorrow morning for accuracy. Just seeing what others have set theirs at while trying not to under/over estimate their daily goal.
  • vanessawaw
    vanessawaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im workingout about 60-90 minutes / day, i think im on active :laugh: :happy: :tongue:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

I'm just getting into the IPOARM spreadsheet, but, I'm at work, so can't whip out the measuring tape.

I'll try this when I get home or tomorrow morning for accuracy. Just seeing what others have set theirs at while trying not to under/over estimate their daily goal.

Oh, yeah, I don't eat my exercise calories, that's already factored in.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    IPOARM??? I'm acronym-challenged. :tongue:
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    From this link, created by member:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/943139-weight-loss-cheat-sheet-ipoarm

Download link at bottom of original post
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job so mine is set to sedentary. I log my workouts as extra.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Desk job, so sedentary. I wear a fitbit, so it adds any additional movement (calories) for me.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    In front of a computer 10+ hours a day, so I chose "sedentary," then log both intentional exercise and any walking that I do which takes me outside the building. I don't drive, so some days that looks like a lot of walking.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I set mine to sedentary because I also am a desk jockey, but I do try to get up and do SOMETHING every day. I do Taekwondo 2-3 times a week, the gym on the days I'm not doing TKD, or I go walking. Also, I'm pretty active on the weekends with yardwork, cleaning my moms place, etc.