Diet Supplements-

Options
Does anyone take any diet supplements. If so, what do you take and how is it working for you?

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I take some vitamins and use protein powder to get my protein macros up. Are you not seeing results?
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Well I am seeing great results, but perhaps too good of results? I was curious on others experience with diet pills and if what I am experiencing is normal.

I started my diet and exercise plan on Sunday 4/14/2013, and as of this morning I have lost 4lbs. I am eating 3 meals a day, but watching what I eat and I have worked out every day (P90 and 3-4 miles run daily). (I cut out all the goodies, such as candy, Starbucks, fast food, beer, etc) I am not having any side effects from the pills I am taking, in fact they give me great energy.

I'm just worried I am dropping too much weight too fast, or if this is fine. Im wondering if it is the diet pills, or more just my plan. I could take myself off the pills and answer my own question but I am liking the results. (Again, although liking the results wondering if my weight loss is unhealthy.)

So this is more curiosity of what others experience is with their diet pills....
  • pmakretsew
    Options
    The four pounds is mostly just water weight.
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    What brand are they?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, this is too short a timeline to be indicative of anything. You could have lost water weight, this could be related to your menstrual cycle, etc. you'll find that this community is a little hostile toward diet pills because the losses are often not sustainable once you stop the pills, and you jeopardize your health while you are on them, and can generally accomplish the same results without them.

However regarding your question, I haven't taken any so cannot offer first hand feedback :)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Well I am seeing great results, but perhaps too good of results? I was curious on others experience with diet pills and if what I am experiencing is normal.

I started my diet and exercise plan on Sunday 4/14/2013, and as of this morning I have lost 4lbs. I am eating 3 meals a day, but watching what I eat and I have worked out every day (P90 and 3-4 miles run daily). (I cut out all the goodies, such as candy, Starbucks, fast food, beer, etc) I am not having any side effects from the pills I am taking, in fact they give me great energy.

I'm just worried I am dropping too much weight too fast, or if this is fine. Im wondering if it is the diet pills, or more just my plan. I could take myself off the pills and answer my own question but I am liking the results. (Again, although liking the results wondering if my weight loss is unhealthy.)
    So this is more curiosity of what others experience is with their diet pills....

i'd say that's water weight. The first week is always the most successful. how much do you need/want to lose?
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What pills are you taking?
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Well, this is too short a timeline to be indicative of anything. You could have lost water weight, this could be related to your menstrual cycle, etc. you'll find that this community is a little hostile toward diet pills because the losses are often not sustainable once you stop the pills, and you jeopardize your health while you are on them, and can generally accomplish the same results without them.

However regarding your question, I haven't taken any so cannot offer first hand feedback :)

perfect answer.
  • samlankford
    samlankford Posts: 334
    Options
    lol yeah I agree that it is probably just water... I use protein powder, vitamins, pre-workout drink.. want that pre workout drink, otherwise getting up at 5 am to workout (p90x2 again) would be tough...
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Well, this is too short a timeline to be indicative of anything. You could have lost water weight, this could be related to your menstrual cycle, etc.

Exactly this. Review what you are doing in a month and see how it is working.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Great feedback, thank you everyone! I am learning as I go along, so this was helpful. Ill try not to get my hopes up at losing 4lbs every 5 days lol. I am taking OxyElite Pro, and perhaps they are not really doing anything.

My goal is to lose 20-25lbs. I am 5"7, and currently (as of this morning) 166. I want to be between 145-150.
  • mk9562
    mk9562 Posts: 186
    Options
    If you eat clean, track your food ( eat at a deficit) and exercise you will lose weight. Diet pills aren't good for you. Just my opinion. I've watched friends spend tons on the pills that promise and either they did nothing or helped only temporarily.
  • vanessawaw
    vanessawaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i used ultra ripped from sportindo (sold in my country, Indonesia) for metabolism, and whey ISO sensation 93 cookies n cream :laugh: :laugh:

and im going to buy L Carnitine :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: