What brand of coconut milk?

Lauramh31
Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
I am looking for a different brand of coconut milk so I'm curious which are your favorites? I tried Simple Truth (delish but 90 cals) and So Delicious (organic, 45 cal but no real coconut taste).

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    bump been using canned but i dont think its very healthy
  • jsgiven
    jsgiven Posts: 4 Member
    TRADER JOE'S HAS GREAT COCONUT MILK. NOT SURE HOW MANY CALORIES.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks, I'll try Trader Joe's. I may just have to suck it up and use the higher cal ones because they are so much creamier and coconutier (is that a word?!)

Yeah, the stuff that doesn't have to be kept cold is probably full of preservatives to allow it to be room temperature stable so I opt for the kind kept in the fridge.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    I use two thai brands, either Chef's Choice or Aroy D. I only use them for making curries though... They are both great flavours but not low calorie or anything.
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    My favorite is the regular Vita Coco, it has 60 calories
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Bump
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    For drinking I like Silk's coconut and almond. There is another brand I like, I think it may be Almond Breeze. I will have to look at the store again. For cooking I like to use Roland's lite coconut milk. It has half the fat and is still creamy and has great flavor.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Right now I have the "Blue Diamond" brand Coconut/Almond blend. Its 60 cals per cup.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 523 Member
    I use Blue Dragon or Amoy