Exercising & eating healthy, but can't seem to drop a pound!

Options
Hey all, I need your help! I have been completing intense exercise regiments for the last 5 months now, and the weight is not shifting. I have completed Turbofire, Insanity, and in the Lean month of Chalean Extreme.

I walk to work every day - which is about a mile, and I walk my dogs for an hour each night as well.

I follow a healthy diet, ensuring I eat fruits and/or vegitables at every meal, drink 12 glasses of water throughout the day and avoid junk food for the most part.

I am 5' 8, and weigh approximately 175, and ideally would like to get down to 145-150.

Any suggestions??

Thank you!

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You'll have to open your diary if you want real advice, but go back to basics - the "healthiness" of what you're eating is not nearly as relevant as the quantity if you're trying to lose weight. Eating either too much or too little could be stalling you.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    probably under eating for your activity level.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am in week 5 of insanity and i have put on weight, but i have lost bodyfat. are you measuring/taking pictures? do your clothes fit better?
  • PrincessLololady
    Options
    The tops fit better, but my legs have gotten bigger, although they are more solid!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how many calories do you net per day?
  • PrincessLololady
    Options
    I am under calories usually by about 200-250 each day? Although the weight isn't shifting, I feel healthier, much more energy and alert.
  • PrincessLololady
    Options
    Without excercise, I am allowed to have 1470 per day. I was doing Insanity in the morning and Chalean in the evening after walking the dogs. I earn an extra 700 calories, but usually only eat @ 2,000.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    You only joined a month ago give it a year for christ sake. No reason why you cant lose weight unless your eating tons of chinese food pepperoni pizza and other crap
  • smyr630
    smyr630 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    probably under eating for your activity level.

I agree - I was not losing either, but I upped my caloric intake and started losing again. Such a strange thing - weight loss and healthy living. :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am always curious when a person say they are eating right, exercising etc, but not losing weight, whilst refusing to open their diary - something does not add up.

Case in point, I was 178.2 on Tuesday (my birthday) ate what I wanted for that day, went up to 180.4 from all that food. On Wednesday I return to eating normally for me, walked 2 hours Wednesday evening, now I at 179.8. I knew exactly what contributed to my weight gain - the food on Tuesday which included more sodium that I normally intake.
  • PrincessLololady
    Options
    I did not record my food/excercise for the last couple of weeks, but I am more than happy to show what I have recorded. I am new to the site, so I don't know how to do this?
  • FluffyMcNutter
    Options
    It's incredibly helpful to log what you eat because you might be eating a decent amount more or less than you think you are, both of which can be a hinderance to weight loss. And how would you know unless you log it?
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Drink more water! It's hard for your body to flush fat without sufficient H20.

Try upping your calories and workout some days!
    Try taking a rest day and eating more, and alternating days of cardio with weights.
    If you're only doing cardio you are burning calories but not building the muscle that it takes to burn fat.

Muscle burns fat while resting, not just during your workout, unlike cardio.
    Sorry if you've heard it a million times, but it was hard for me to get used to the idea.
    Also try switching up your sources of calories, maybe you need more fat or protein in your diet.

If you're netting 200 cals under and (on average) each lb takes about 3500 calories to burn, that means you're at a fat loss rate of 1lb/17.5 days (or 2.5 wks). Slow and steady is good. Don't get down on yourself if weight's not coming off faster.