What's Your Favorite Meal??

Options
Looking for new ideas on meals before I go grocery shopping tonight. Anything tasty is welcome, I'm looking to change things up a bit.

Been eating a lot of just plain chicken and steak - variations for these are welcome too! I just usually don't want to spend a ton of time cooking food. Especially since I eat several times a day, about 8oz of protein at a time, I go through food quickly.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    fish? Quick and easy
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Chicken, coated in crispy breadcrumbs (I get lemon and herb or chilli flavour. You should he able to buy some or make them yourself and store in air tight containers) dip the chicken in egg, coat in breadcrumbs, bake the breast for 25 minutes... Done. In 25 mins get lots of green steaming to go along side it and some chicken gravy.

I also do the chilli one with salad and low carb wraps. Delicious, nutritious, filling and the calories are good. You could add things like olives, houmous and sun dried tomatoes to boost the calories!

I have pork chops marinaded in Chinese spices, Italian or salt and pepper, roast them off and have them with salad and a wrap. Love th is.

Gammon (ham) steaks, with fried eggs and baked beans.

Recently for breakfast or a snack I've been defrosting raspberries (buy a tub frozen and bag them up. One bag at a time) can defrost on the side or 2 mins on defrost in microwave. Take a big bowl of Fage, mix the raspberries in they kind of dissolve to make raspberry flavoured yogurt and top with grape nuts, or you could use a little granola. Delicious, tastes quite sweet and get some protein and fruit in!

Snack wise I've been loving whole grain rice cakes with Philadelphia cream cheese and smoked ham.

Bacon, egg, beans and wholemeal toast (although I admit this has a lot of sodium. Probably not to bad if you used turkey bacon)

Home made chilli. I roast aubergines, (egg plant) courgette (zucinni) onions peppers, tomatoes, any other veg you want slowly in a huge roasting pan. Once caramelised I add lean mince, chick peas kidney beans sweet corn, chopped tomatoes, cajun, herbs and chilli flakes. I always rinse the canned kidney beans and chick peas first to get rid of salt. Slowly cook down. I do 10 portions at a time. Freezes well.. Serve with rice or low carb wraps or low carb home made nachos!

Peppered steaks with greens.

There's a few for you...

Zara
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Home made chilli. I roast aubergines, (egg plant) courgette (zucinni) onions peppers, tomatoes, any other veg you want slowly in a huge roasting pan. Once caramelised I add lean mince, chick peas kidney beans sweet corn, chopped tomatoes, cajun, herbs and chilli flakes. I always rinse the canned kidney beans and chick peas first to get rid of salt. Slowly cook down. I do 10 portions at a time. Freezes well.. Serve with rice or low carb wraps or low carb home made nachos!

that chili sounds divine
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lean ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey)
    Tomato Sauce Cucina Antica Sauce is a low calorie/sodium choice) or crushed tomatoes and Italian spices or even Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce -- Also works with Taco Seasoning (can make taco seasoning with just Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, and Onion)
    1/3 cup of Wheat pasta per serving
    Mirepoix mixed vegetables Cajun (onion, celery, green peppers) or your choice of veggies

Steak Berry Salad:
    8oz Ribeye (or choice of steak)
    Mixed Green Vegetables (salad) + whatever veggies you like, celery, tomatoes, carrots, etc.
    Mixed Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)

Lean Hamburgers on
    Sara Lee 45 & Delightful Whole Wheat Bread
  • dfurton83
    dfurton83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pot Roast is the best!! Especially my stepmoms. I don't have a recipe since I am a horrible cook. But it's my favorite meal.
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a chicken caesar salad almost every night. I use Renée's Creamy Caesar dressing. It has 0 carbs so it's perfect for low carbers and it's the best caesar dressing I've ever tried :)
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday and ate with corn tortillas. It was TDF!
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-carnitas-tacos-10000001227905/
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    Salted chilli chicken, extra hot curry & boiled rice :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My favourite is fillet steak cooked medium
    Spinach and lots of veg
    Mushrooms
    Baked toms!!!!................ Ohhhhh I could eat it right now!!

Why don't you try fish, stir frys, Omeletes, Pasta dishes, Soups, Currys,

I love stews.........So healthy and filling : )
  • vanessawaw
    vanessawaw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    gado - gado (indonesian salad with peanut sauce), capcay, chicken breast :love: :love: :love: :love: :blushing:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    tacos, any kind.
    I use the La Tortilla Factory ones, lots of fiber (I think 7 g. each?) and only 50 cals for the small ones.
    i use cabbage instead of lettuce, it is so much better for you and stays firm!
    Shrimp, fish, chicken, tuna, vegetarian... so much can be done with them.

My favorite way is shrimp with BBQ seasoning, cabbage, black beans, and some spicy salsa.
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    a broth of some kind, vegi or fish broth yum!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Home made lentil, vegetable and bacon soup with some wholemeal bread. Yummy!

Just gently fry some chopped up onions in a little olive oil, add chopped up bacon, carrots, celery, any other veg you've got and sweat them together. Add a tin of tomatoes (chop them up if they're not already done), some split red lentils and enough water, remembering that the lentils wll absorb some and cook together til the lentils and veg are done. Add pepper to taste.

If I could only have one thing to eat for the rest of my life, I'd choose this!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    meatloaf, it's surprisingly low in calories depending on how you make it, and it's also a good way to get in some extra veggies if you want to add some in.

Also vegetable soup yummy just make sure to watch what you season it with to make sure you don't get too much sodium