Gone off fruit!

Options
hi everyone

been really struggling just now and for some reason I have gone right off fruit - dont know why? any tips to help me get into eating fruit?

it seems all the berries just now that we buy are sour - and i have never been a big apple and orange person

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Put in a smoothie or juice.
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Smoothie. With cereal or another compliment food like oatmeal or greek yogurt. Or perhaps try different fruits? Melons? Bananas?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bananas, cherries, kiwi, grapes, pineapple, melon, mango, star fruit ... lots to chose from

Like veggies, some may be an acquired taste. Try frozen - frozen grapes are yummy. Banana added to smoothies. Baked apples with cinnamon ... yum. Change it up.

Add a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt .... and sprinkle on some granola.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If you want sweeter fruits, try pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew, kiwi, watermelon, clementines (smaller, sweeter and easier to peel than oranges), bananas, black grapes, nectarines, peaches, plums, or raisins. Pears are lovely too but it's hard to catch them when they're properly ripe.

These aren't all necessarily the "healthiest" of fruits but they are certainly better for you to snack on than a lot of other sugary foods.
  • kirstyb393
    Options
    thanks everyone for the replies

i need to vary my fruits i think
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Try juincing....!!! Works for me ... once a day with all the goodies!
  • LoseYouself
    LoseYouself Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you want sweeter fruits, try pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew, kiwi, watermelon, clementines (smaller, sweeter and easier to peel than oranges), bananas, black grapes, nectarines, peaches, plums, or raisins. Pears are lovely too but it's hard to catch them when they're properly ripe.

These aren't all necessarily the "healthiest" of fruits but they are certainly better for you to snack on than a lot of other sugary foods.

Aren't the "healthiest" of fruits? Huh? What fruits do you suppose are healthier than the ones you listed?
  • Graham_Andrew
    Options
    I've got to agree with the smoothie recommendation. There's loads you can do with them. I keep a list of my favourite ones here : http://www.perfectfruitsmoothies.com